The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kirby Dach (Chi) may be available

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They are in a tear down rebuild that they project will take 5 years if not longer.  He'll be close to or even UFA by the time they come out of it.

A teardown rebuild should start with jones, kane and toews.  Not a 21 yr old who has the potential of dach.  

Edited by EddieVedder

Just now, EddieVedder said:

A teardown rebuild should start with jones, kane and toews.  Not a 21 yr old who has the potential of dach.  

They all have full NMCs.  They are hoping for Kane/Toews to ask them to initiate a trade - Chicago doesn't want to be the ones forcing them out as they are legacy players.  For Jones they might have to approach him to waive.

They had already traded 23 year old Hagel at the TDL.

• Cheers 1

I wonder if the Debrincat trade has removed this from the table. But our 15th overall for Dach would be something I'd be immensely interested in. 6'4 center, two way upside. Only 3 years removed from being the 3rd overall pick. I heard injuries set him back. So it'd definitely be a risk. But I am a gambling man.

• Cheers 1

Hi I'm Chicago, and I want to rebuild. So we are trading all our young core, keeping the old guys and trading multiple firsts for trash 28 yo in Seth Jones.

This team has no clue what the hell they are doing. And you know what? They deserve it after that BS trying to hide crap under the rug.

Rip Chicago, hope everyone you draft is a bust 

9 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Hi I'm Chicago, and I want to rebuild. So we are trading all our young core, keeping the old guys and trading multiple firsts for trash 28 yo in Seth Jones.

This team has no clue what the hell they are doing. And you know what? They deserve it after that BS trying to hide crap under the rug.

Rip Chicago, hope everyone you draft is a bust 

Patrick Kane must be pissed 

• Cheers 1

The big question "IF" true, is what is the problem?

#1. Injuries

#2. Concusions

#3. Attitude

#4. LOFT

#5. Bad GM

But before the answers start coming in....................let's be serious about this!

#6.....is a could be for me! ...........aka Does not get along with Kane and Toews, who are loved by ownership.

34 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Maybe no one wants those contracts or they don't want to move? 

If there's no one great at 15 I'd consider this move, would fit in with our current core a lot better. I think Chicago's really given up on him but big centers take longer to develop and he's a recent 3rd overall pick. Would slot in nicely at 3C and hopefully eventually replace Bo. Still only 21.

Obviously there's risk involved but there's also risk drafting at 15th. We've blown two top 10 picks recently...

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If there's no one great at 15 I'd consider this move, would fit in with our current core a lot better. I think Chicago's really given up on him but big centers take longer to develop and he's a recent 3rd overall pick. Would slot in nicely at 3C and hopefully eventually replace Bo. Still only 21.

Obviously there's risk involved but there's also risk drafting at 15th. We've blown two top 10 picks recently...

I think he's got a higher ceiling than anyone who will be available at 15.   Hopefully we can get another first in a Miller trade.

Here are some comments about what to do with Dach from a Blackhawks fan site (from April):

“Get rid of Dach now, asap! He would only set the rebuild back 5 more years if the Hawks were to re-sign him. He is a total bust.”

“What drug are union Dach is a 3rd liner has no shot losses tons of board battles and is a complete bust”

“Offer him the minimum for 3 years. Take it or sit out. He has been a gigantic disappointment.”

Personally, I haven’t been paying attention enough to know if it’s as bad as they say. But if Chicago thought there was a decent chance of him regaining his form prior to injuries, I suspect they wouldn’t be shopping him. I’d pass.

Edited by D-Money