The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Sports, Do We Even Need It?

Warhippy

Sports.  It has it's own section.  It appears blank now for some reason.  A lot of changes coming/going lately that are semi confusing but above my paygrade.

So, let's ask the hard question.  Sports...do we even need them?

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sports.  It has it's own section.  It appears blank now for some reason.  A lot of changes coming/going lately that are semi confusing but above my paygrade.

No politics- no religion and now no Blue Jays, CFL or NFL threads?

Like seriously?

man.

Edited by gurn

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

:)

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

No politics- no religion and now no Blue Jays, CFL or NFL threads?

Like seriously?

man.

The politics and religion I get but why shuffle the sports section into the OT thread. I think we should leave the sports section just as it is but that’s just me.

17 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Wait until they move WN into OT... then the whole OT subforum will become the junk drawer of the site (with Sports threads being perhaps the least junky of the drawer).  :bigblush:

Don't throw that thread away, you might randomly need it in 7.3 years!!!

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

The politics and religion I get but why shuffle the sports section into the OT thread. I think we should leave the sports section just as it is but that’s just me.

Because this is a Vancouver Canucks hockey forum.  Anything other than Vancouver Canucks hockey or hockey in general is Off Topic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Because this is a Vancouver Canucks hockey forum.  Anything other than Vancouver Canucks hockey or hockey in general is Off Topic.

True.  But is it that difficult or confusing to have two off-topic forums - Off-topic General and Off-topic Sports?

(I should add: For all I know, perhaps there is technical difficulty in maintaining different forums?)

44 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Answering your title question though - my wife thinks I need it (based on my physique), even though she won't let me stray from her sight, and given that she has no interest in the sports that I like... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

(...and I definitely have no interest in the "sports" that she likes, such as chasing boy bands and doing dance classes... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:)

Sports are our soaps.  

Asked myself this sorta question decades back, feeling contemporary society p!sses away wayyyyyyyyyy too much time on sport. Living in NA it seemed unavoidable. Life is too busy in Asia, for such obsession.

Only paying attn to the Canucks suits me well..while also keeping distant tabs on the other NHL squads.

Is there a NEED for sports?    Technically not,

other than being a great way to exercise.  
I think it’s pretty ridiculous that we pay athletes as much as we do, yet so many people who do jobs that actually benefit us as a society get paid peanuts. 
But

I like sports.   Lol. 
These days, it’s the only thing I get to watch that’s not Bluey or Emily’s Wonderlab.  

side note, there is a need for sports forum on this board.  
the people in charge have gone crazy!

I’m very disappointed that the forums have taken this shall I say “woke” decision. I can kiss 80% of my time on the boards goodbye. 
I understand that sometimes things are a bother for the mods however I can’t help but feel that they have thrown out the baby with the bath water. 
                  Spur1

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1