The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Should the LOSER LEAFS trade Matthews right now to Arizona for Chychrun +?  The longer they wait, the lesser the return.  Plus, Chychrun is available now. 

Coyotes are tanking.  If they trade Chychrun it will be for picks, not for a guy who can walk as a UFA in 2 years.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Your Time Is Now said:

Well, I guess it’s good we didn’t draft him. 

I was screaming at the screen for GMJB to take him, but can you imagine dealing with this now?

I mean comparing this to a hypothetical is pretty difficult.

Clearly there’s something going on in Calagry that is making their stars wanna leave. Plying for Sutter? Playing in poor facilities? Who knows?

Thinking that the same scenario would have played out here is unlikely though. I know fans wanna make themselves feel better for passing on Tkachuk, but in this case I think it’s less about the player and more about the poor environment in Calgary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Marky ask out next.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Clearly there’s something going on in Calagry that is making their stars wanna leave. Plying for Sutter? Playing in poor facilities? Who knows?

Thinking that the same scenario would have played out here is unlikely though. I know fans wanna make themselves feel better for passing on Tkachuk, but in this case I think it’s less about the player and more about the poor environment in Calgary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Marky ask out next.

Pray it ain't Toronto.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Interesting outcome for Calgary would be if they signed Kadri if aves couldn’t make the space and trade tkachuk for bratt +

That would be extremely interesting considering Kadri already told them to kiss is A$$

Edited by Chris12345

I'm sure it's been answered before but as a non Canadian i'm interested. With the NHL and hockey meaning so much to Canada as well as the lower dollar value, has there been a push to offer tax exemption from provincial or national government to help Canadian teams recruit and or keep players?

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Coyotes are tanking.  If they trade Chychrun it will be for picks, not for a guy who can walk as a UFA in 2 years.

I feel like Matthews has a pretty good chance of staying especially with riches of Picks the Yotes have coming in the pipeline now 

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I feel like Matthews has a pretty good chance of staying especially with riches of Picks the Yotes have coming in the pipeline now 

True, but why trade for him now and lower the chance of getting Bedard as well when they can just snag him for free?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They’d still be significantly worse.

Kadri won’t have another season like he did playing with all stars in Colorado. Bratt is good but he’s not Gaudreau or Tkachuk good.

I’m wasn’t saying they’d be better I was just saying it would be interesting. Curious what they are gonna do with tkachuk it really determines their future path

Edited by R3aL

I'm honestly finding solace in all of this. With everything that's happened between Laine, Dubois, Pulj, and now Tkachuk - and probably Matthews next, I don't feel as bad about the Juolevi pick. Gone are the days (I hope) where I wake up in a cold sweat at 5AM after seeing Linden's face at the draft lottery in my dreams... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

NJ sends Calgary the following to land MT. It will be a haul because you gotta figure the teams interested will make a huge pitch if they know MT will sign long term.

-Bratt, great young player who had a breakout season

-Foote- talented prospect who enhances Flames future depth at the F position

-Muhkmadulin- young RD with size and skill. Devil's can afford to send him out as their right side is deep with Hamilton, Severson, Marino. If the Devil's don't want to part with this prospect, they could offer Severson instead or their 1st roound pick in '23.

19 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

NJ sends Calgary the following to land MT. It will be a haul because you gotta figure the teams interested will make a huge pitch if they know MT will sign long term.

-Bratt, great young player who had a breakout season

-Foote- talented prospect who enhances Flames future depth at the F position

-Muhkmadulin- young RD with size and skill. Devil's can afford to send him out as their right side is deep with Hamilton, Severson, Marino. If the Devil's don't want to part with this prospect, they could offer Severson instead or their 1st roound pick in '23.

Good proposal. 
Imagine if MT sticks it to the Flames and indicates that no matter where he is traded he intends to hold out until UFA so he can then choose where he goes afterwards. He’d likely be the top UFA on the market (given some others are previously extended by their teams) and imho would absolutely cash in huge. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Agreed. Gotta be something else brewing in the waters.

I agree about the facility issue too. Saddledome is an absolute dumping ground. If Calgary had a new state of the art facility like Edmonton, there's a good chance lil Johnny and tkaclown are wearing red next season.