The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not even close.

They replaced Gaudreaus production but are still down a 100 point player.

Even then they choked against the Oilers.

I mean in replacing Tkachuk. Overall maybe they aren't but Weegar and Huberdeau are very good players. Calgary has a very deep blueline...one of the deepest in the league. I dont think They will regress as much as bad as people think when adding these two with good goaltending.

Edited by Harold Drunken

Just now, King Heffy said:

They still cleaned up a lot of character issues, which was a huge reason for why they choked.  Can't win when your best players are gutless cowards like Gaudreu and Tkachuk.

Yet Huberdeau and his gang choked too.

Not sure he’s much better of a leader.

2 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

And JT Millers value just went in the toilet. Holy cow, JR must be losing it right now. Huberdeau is the better player and Calgary just dismantled the Canucks in another offseason. If they can resign both players they just rinsed the Panthers, even if they sell at the deadline they just gained more assets. 

Not really. Huberdeau went one way and Tkachuk went the other. It's not really indicative at all as to where Miller would fall with this (remember that neither of these players are centers whereas Miller can play all 3 positions). I'd even argue that a Miler trade would be entirely different anyway as this trade's unique.

Edited by The Lock

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yet Huberdeau and his gang choked too.

Not sure he’s much better of a leader.

Might not be a leader but at least he's a man and not a locker room cancer like the two scumbags that left.  Give Tanev or Toffoli the C and start the culture change into making the franchise somewhat respectable.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

So...does this help the Canucks at all? One 100-point forward off the market. Canes and Blues still hot for a trade...

No, it shows the pending UFA market with only 1 year left on the contract. This is brutal for the JT Miller market, unless it’s a trade with an extension.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend is a huge Calgary fan.  He says Huberdeau is there every summer training.  Why would you train in a city that you don't like?  He's also Canadian, so unless Montreal can clear massive cap space he's probably re-signing with Calgary.

Also, this deal makes Calgary just as competitive as last year.  With Anderson, Weegar and Tanev Calgary will have one of the best right side D in the league.  Calgary is actually stronger right now than last year and these two Canadian boys are probably going to be Sutter favourites...

That's what scares me.

Addition by subtraction. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Not really. Huberdeau went one way and Tkachuk went the other. It's not really indicative at all as to where Miller would fall with this (remember that neither of these players are centers whereas Miller can play all 3 positions). I'd even argue that a Miler trade would be entirely different anyway as this trade's unique.

Anyway you look at it, this isn’t good. Weegar is a #2 Dman and they got a decent Prospect and a first round pick. Huberdeau had 115 points last year!!! 

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They still have 11 mil in cap space and extra assets to trade.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re going hard for Kadri right now.

They might be going hard for Kadri, but I believe he already declined going there. Not that people can't change their minds.

21 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Social media is funny. 

Oh if the Flames can't sign them they will get a massive haul at the tdl

Miller is losing value by the day and will be practically worthless or injuried come tdl

Hah

dont care, rather keep him than trade him, miller is such a team player and does almost everything ( PP, Pk , Hits, Wins faceoffs etc etc ) gives his all 99% of the time...thats a player id rather take a risk on than trade for picks that may not even make it to the NHL