The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

20 hours ago, canuckwings said:

I'm surprised to see we actually have 7 picks this year. Really hope we can find a gem in the later rounds. 

The Canucks have consistently drafted well in later rounds. We havent always kept the players but Im confident Allvin and co will be able to find some gems in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

What I want the Canucks to do:

IF

Benson/Willander/Moore/Danielson/Simashev are still available at 11OA

THEN

Trade back w NSH and gain at least a second round pick.  

There’s some guys slotted to go after the 1st round that were mentioned on 32 thoughts that could be draft steals (Lind, Burns, Goldsmith, Ritchie-maybe)

• Upvote 1

With the draft a little over 24 hr away I think I am now set in hoping Canucks draft Simashev. Yes he's not a RHD like Willander but it just seems he has potential to be that top pair D. I'd like PA to take a swing instead of going with the safer pick. 

I have a feeling some team before us will take him though which would really suck. 

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

The Canucks have consistently drafted well in later rounds. We havent always kept the players but Im confident Allvin and co will be able to find some gems in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

People talk about us not having a 2nd round pick, but five picks in rounds 3 and 4 combined is a pretty sweet deal!

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, McBackup said:

Anyone know if any bars or anything will be airing the draft? I don't have cable but have the day off and would like to watch.

I like White Spot as a relaxing option.  I never seem to have trouble asking for a channel change sitting at the bar.   Draft starts at 4.  Happy hour ends at 5.  Canucks pick should be done by then.  Sounds perfect to me.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, McBackup said:

Anyone know if any bars or anything will be airing the draft? I don't have cable but have the day off and would like to watch.

You couldn't pay me enough to watch this years draft.

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

Canucks Central, Satiar Shah & Dan Riccio:

Mock Draft:

1.   Connor Bedard

2.   Adam Fantilli 

3.   Will Smith

4.   Leo Carlsson 

5.   David Reinbacher

6.   Matvei Michkov

7.   Ryan Leonard 

8.   Dalibor Dvorsky 

9.   Zach Benson 

10. ASP

11. Nate Danielson 

22 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

No way the Canucks pass on Simashev

Any news on the meeting? I think I heard that Simashev met with the Canucks I believe.