The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

3 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Conor Garland

Honestly, though. 

Undersized, scrappy, good two way winger.  Maybe a little less finishing than Benson may project at but yeah.  

Remember when we picked up Garland he was considered to be a great addition.  He’s a good player.  But it’s pretty darn tough to move the needle as an undersized winger - even if you’re a good player.

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Allvin says Willander caught their attention in November. 

Impressed Allvin with how he ran the power play, walk the line, and skate.  Played forward growing up, so the offensive skillset is there. 

Likes him for a shutdown role too because of his skating and IQ. 

Doesn't sound like Allvin is trying to dump salary unless it's a trade that makes the Canucks better. 

You put this guy in Quinn's hip pocket and watch this grow into your 1st pair

• Cheers 2

I’ve been agreeing with Drance a lot lately but he’s a hockey hipster.  He wants to take the off-brand cool upside pick.  He’s going to pump up less physically imposing guys and go on about skill.  Then head home open an ipa and listen to a vinyl record.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Prancer with his usual negative hot takes. Says Willander had pedestrian numbers 

And he was high on Simashev and he had zero numbers.  Tells you all you need to in know about Drance.  It's not all about numbers when the obvious talent is there for all to see.  

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

You know Drance would have this ready if they took Benson:  "A smallish winger that doesn't address a positional need, that is made redundant by Hoglander and Lekkerimaki"

Nah. Drance is extremely high on Benson. He will probably put out something more along the lines of this team finally did something right despite of themselves. 

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Sounds like you have experience. And given your contributions to society. I'll opt not to follow your hillbilly life hacks. Good luck to you Cletus.

Hahaha, well I like to have fun ,making people laugh.

You call me names cause I love life does seem like you need something.

Good luck with that in life.

My life is full of love and fun.

11 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

One day we'll have multiple 1st rounders. Hell, at this point I'd be excited if we drafted in the 1st and 2nd round in the SAME draft again. Lol.

It's possible if Petterson or Hughes refuse to resign with us, easy 1st right there in any trade in the future.l  No way we'd lose them for nothing.  I think they'll sign with us for long haul.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

So now that Detroit selected Axel Sandin Pellika, we have essentially picked Hronek for him and a high midround 2nd round pick.

Is it worth it?

I don't think so.

Time will tell but so far looks good for both.

• Cheers 1