The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yes I have  seen a little bit of Kalle Carlsson.

This report that came out today actually compares him to Raty in his draft year. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/kalle-carlsson-2023-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Bottom line high risk medium reward however as the article states, centres that can play a 200 ft 2 way game are valuable. 

Definitely worth a swing in the later rounds if he is there especially if there are no RHD that stand out.

Seems like Kalle could be a good get. 

I'd love to see them grab 2 BIG physical D out of the 6 remaining picks.  A couple of Dvorak, Carter Sotheran, Gavin McCarthy, Matteo Mann, Kostadinski, Brady Cleveland, this kid Berglund,  and use the remaining 4 picks on a 2way C a PWF/Skilled pest and 2 big swings (don't let the guy go by who has no business being available at your pick just because they don't meet the preceding criteria. Alvins "difference makers")

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

That's why I bang on about work ethic.

Also like I teach my son to never give up, just keep persisting, give 100 percent, believe in yourself 100 percent and you can achieve what ever you set your mind to. 

Drafted a kid in the 4th round- CDCGML- last year Matthew Seminoff, 57 points in 64 games,but what all the scouting reports stated was his work ethic, that  it would probably get him a gig in the NHL. 

Dallas took him at 179, he has already signed his first contract. 

To fail while trying as hard as you can is perfectly acceptable...

Should never fail for the lack of trying, or putting in the effort....

We can't all win, but we can be the best, we can be.... :)

Agree 100%

Edited by spook007
  • Huggy Bear 2

6 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Brisebois is not good 

Woo may be a late bloomer but I’m not sold yet 

Elias Petterson the defenceman is projecting as an NHL defenceman, reminds me of Alex Edler but with more of an edge 

Now wouldn't that be something, if that ended up being the case... Exactly what we are screaming out for...

• There it is 1

7 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i still believe that PA, will trade the 11th along with garland and myers after his bonus is paid to chicago for 19th, 2 2nds and a 3rd.

and then a 2nd and boeser for a center or d man, or he could steal bennings comment and say we  tried to do many things but in the end we couldn't do anything.

Sounds silly if we can get a late first and a second or two I'd be all over it. I'd just go nuts and take every defenceman available - take Strbak with the 19th overall, and a couple of Willander, Lindstein, Simashev, Gulyayev, Dragicevic etc. Take 3 defencemen and roll the dice on them.

There is a risk taking a defenceman as highly as 11OA like Reinbacher that he may not pan out, whereas it always seems to be the case that good top-4 defencemen end up going in the late 1st/2nd round, so why not take 3 instead of 1?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Now wouldn't that be something, if that ended up being the case... Exactly what we are screaming out for...

We have a lot of young Ds in 5/6 territory.

We only need that one of them is able to take the next step and be a 3/4

• Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

That's true.

And a bunch more in the 7/8 territory

I actually wonder if the addition of Hronek doesn't do more for the collective than he does by himself, what I mean is do players filter down the lineup to a spot where they can find success now that we've gotten another Top 4 Dman?

Could Juulsen become a legit full time player on the right side now that Hronek can hopefully eat up the hardest minutes?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Not only a 3/4, but and Edler clone with more edge, and you'll be close to a no.2 than a no.4....

Edler had decent production as well...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

If I was entirely convinced he was a center I'd have him top 10. I'm not quite there. So he's just outside for me. I think of a smaller Mitch Marner. Not gonna be a bad pick but I think there will be players that I would prefer there at 11.

I've seen a lot of scouts compare Benson to Point. Still not sold personally, but grabbing a Brayden Point would be a hell of a player at 11.

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

Seems like Kalle could be a good get. 

I'd love to see them grab 2 BIG physical D out of the 6 remaining picks.  A couple of Dvorak, Carter Sotheran, Gavin McCarthy, Matteo Mann, Kostadinski, Brady Cleveland, this kid Berglund,  and use the remaining 4 picks on a 2way C a PWF/Skilled pest and 2 big swings (don't let the guy go by who has no business being available at your pick just because they don't meet the preceding criteria. Alvins "difference makers")

Yes lets get some big drafted... 

Even though OEL is here possibly for another 4 years, there will be a time, when he leaves... having a few gems in the pipeline would perfect time wise with him leaving.

• There it is 2

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If the nucks draft Tkachuk they do not have Pettersson....

Tkachuk’s rookie season wouldn’t have made a difference. We would still be a lottery team. He had 48 points in his rookie season, and 105 PIMs, which probably cost us a ton of games with our abysmal PK.

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

If I were to guess I would say management isn’t as worried as some think. Getting Hronek, Hirose, possibly Johanssen looking like a fit… I think the urgency isn’t as high. But getting a player that will fit in on the team for cheap in 1-2 years would be ideal. Whether it be a forward or d-man. 

my choices: Willander/ ASP/ Wood

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I've seen a lot of scouts compare Benson to Point. Still not sold personally, but grabbing a Brayden Point would be a hell of a player at 11.

A comparison is strictly stylistically speaking. It doesn’t mean you’re getting a player that projects to produce and be like a second Brayden Point. Remember when they used to say every offensive dman plays like Eric Karlsson? Everyone would lose their sh*t. 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Not only a 3/4, but and Edler clone with more edge, and you'll be close to a no.2 than a no.4....

Edler had decent production as well...

in his prime edler was a horse and had canuck's all time defensemen's points record. time was his down fall, like all of us.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1