The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Virtanen to Oilers (PTO/1 year)

12 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah who among us hasn’t forced themselves upon a woman despite their verbal wishes against it?

Were you in the room and did you witness this yourself?  Did you pay attention at all when this was before the courts?  Her story didnt add up and was incredibly inconsistent. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tower102 said:

You haven't been paying attention then. Plenty of cases of people interacting with him where he was a total d bag. I for one have a lady friend that was harassed by him at a bar, and that is far from the only story. Just because the court didn't have enough proof to convict him of a crime notoriously hard to prove doesn't mean he is actually innocent and certainly doesn't equit him of being a terrible person.

Oh the token 'i have a lady friend who met jake at the bar story...'  if i had a dime for every poster who tried that one....  jake isnt perfect but a ton of people on these boards and social media just make up garb hoping others are gullible enough to believe them

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Idk man. I see you've been piled on already so I'll just say; Jake was given a great hand thus-far in life & pissed it away with immaturity. 

People here supported him for a long time, they aren't the ones in the wrong here.

I do agree with you. Ultimately, Jake is responsible for his choices, actions. 

But there are people on this board who continually/repeatedly rip on him or others.

The point is, he's a human being just like us all. The real immaturity stems from constantly digging in, instead of letting it go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Edmonton is an AHL team other than McDiver and Draisitl, and clearly don't have an issue with employing players who constantly disgrace the sport.  They don't count.  No actual NHL team would take a chance on an obese floater who shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of a school.

Haha while I admire your conviction and hatred towards Edmonton, I'm still standing by what I said. lol

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

So you really think a 300 pound Jake will get an NHL contract?  Lmfaoav.

Be realistic he is not even 235 lbs, stop rumours..?

He played in KHL last season maybe he is 220 lbs., 6'1 lots of speed and knows its his last chance, 26 years old.

Really this guy has  talent and he will come out flying..

Gp 75 -- G 18--21  --PTS. 40 -- playing 3rd line, say 13 mins..

Still think he will get away from Canadian hockey media..PTO on eastern team..

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Oh the token 'i have a lady friend who met jake at the bar story...'  if i had a dime for every poster who tried that one....  jake isnt perfect but a ton of people on these boards and social media just make up garb hoping others are gullible enough to believe them

When some people hear the same story from multiple sources they think, "huh, a lot of people seem to be saying the same thing about something. Even though I have zero personal experience I keep hearing people telling similar experiences, I bet there's something there"

The other group of people when they hear the same story over and over again jump to "iF I HAd a DiMe"...

Posters had been posting all of the internet, here included, for years about Jake being a POS. This was well before he went to court being accused of sexual assult. I swear people defending him now BECAUSE he was accused.

As someone who liked Jake's game, and was a vocal defender of him on the ice for years I do have experience with this. I know for a fact for many years there was very few people willing to defend him outside of myself and a select few. I spent countless pages in the Jake thread, so I know this. After he was accused of sexual assult he had the most supporters on this forum since his draft.

It's disgusting that so many are willing to step forward and defend him now because of what he has been accused of. Truely disgusting.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 9/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, King Heffy said:

Yeah, who here hasn't had legal issues with alleged sexual assault and been so lazy they pissed away a chance to be one of the best in the world at their chosen profession?  He'll fit right in on the Oilers where being a scumbag is encouraged.

You sound like an amazing person as well.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Wait... you're telling me Edmonton is willing to put their moral integrity aside for the sake of monetary gain? No.. that can't be?!

No doubt his lawyer will once again argue that Edmonton wants a willing participant regardless of the outcome. 

• Vintage 1