The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Circus in Philadelphia

Rate this topic

Might as well make a flyers thread. Our good friend John is already stirring the pot prior to camp. I'm do agree with him here but he's literally the polar opposite as Bruce lol. We know how the story tends to go with torts, So here's how he's starting off this relationship :

Whats even better is that he probably does get more out of those guys.. just enough to creep out of the top5? Maybe even enough to slip out of the top 10? Stuck in no man's land and opted to tread water. This year is going to be gold for trots hot takes considering the city he's in :towel:

14 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Might as well make a flyers thread. Our good friend John is already stirring the pot prior to camp. I'm do agree with him here but he's literally the polar opposite as Bruce lol. We know how the story tends to go with torts, So here's how he's starting off this relationship :

Whats even better is that he probably does get more out of those guys.. just enough to creep out of the top5? Maybe even enough to slip out of the top 10? Stuck in no man's land and opted to tread water. This year is going to be gold for trots hot takes considering the city he's in :towel:

I'd love to see the players talk to the media about their major concerns about a recycled hot headed coach.

Like does he practice the power play yet?

Will he be jabbing his bony fingers into my just recovered separated shoulder?

Will he try to beat up the other team's  coach?

All valid questions and concerns for the players.

Media works both ways

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

PHI is a blue collar town, and somewhere along the way the team lost that. I think the fanbase yearns for that hardworking, hardnosed play from their team. Torts was brought in to shake things up.  There’s going to be a lot of tough love at first but that’s how he rolls.  Either youre on board with him as a team or youre not. I think PHI will love him. 

Good points, I agree. The fans will love him.

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
Quote fail.
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I think Kevin Hayes is already in the dog house. RR will also be due to his pathetic defensive play. Will be wanting to go back to Buffalo :lol:

Couturier is awesome though, Torts will love him as long as he doesn't overplay him. Think we all know he will lol

With the salary I'm being paid by the Flyers (that I clearly don't deserve and probably didn't from the beginning), I have no complaints if I'm Kevin Hayes. 

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

He won the Jack Adams shortly after leaving our team with CBJ. 

People like to talk about his temper but NHL teams still see value in employing him for a reason.

I love Torts even after his stint here, I didn’t think he did a good job here either feels like he just wasn’t fully committed. And on top of that I think it was the wrong group for him to coach.

But he proved in Columbus when he is fully committed he is still a great coach. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Philadelphia is exhibit A of a fanbase that questions and often disagrees with the moves of the management groups they've had the past while, they'll be interesting to track. They had a great looking group at one point but ran into what's been a really tough stretch of seasons. 

You think Canucks fans can be contentious? Man. They've been pretty miserable over there. 

Not sure Torts will help but at least it should be entertaining. 

Edited by Coconuts