The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Ethan Bear

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

Agreed. Maybe drafting and developing our own dmen!?!? What a concept.

Bear is overpaid by 1m to just take a chance on; he doesn't move the needle for us. He is simply a 6/7 Dman.

In a normal world where a FO actually addressing issues in the off season, our 3rd pair looks great with Stillman/rathbone-Schenn. Instead, we are missing that key cog Top4 Dman and we are in shambles. Bear is just another Dermott with a 700k higher cap hit. No thanks. I'd rather see Wolinan up at ~750K.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Bear is overpaid by 1m to just take a chance on; he doesn't move the needle for us. He is simply a 6/7 Dman.

In a normal world where a FO actually addressing issues in the off season, our 3rd pair looks great with Stillman/rathbone-Schenn. Instead, we are missing that key cog Top4 Dman and we are in shambles. Bear is just another Dermott with a 700k higher cap hit. No thanks. I'd rather see Wolinan up at ~750K.

Exactly. This is the result of horrible, horrible drafting and development of defensemen. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They view him as untouchable and the next big piece for them 

Every team says that about their prospects.

The Canes would move him but I’m sure it would have to be a significant piece that puts them over the top. That’s not Hoglander.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Canes would move him but I’m sure it would have to be a significant piece that puts them over the top. That’s not Hoglander.

Horvat or JT if the GM wants to make a BOLD move to shake the team up

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wish we could say that at least once about our prospects:(

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Canucks should offer Hoglander+ to Carolina for RHD prospect Scott Morrow

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

canucks-miller-1040x572.jpg

Bear can be some of the cap coming back though!

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Boeser doesn't have negative value though.

IMHAO Boeser does have negative value.  If we gage negative value as could Boeser return a pick, while we dump all his contract, then I think his value is negative.  I just don’t see any team taking Boeser for just a pick.  But I also thought Hamonic was in the same boat, and Allvin got a third for him. 

12 minutes ago, BPA said:

Reality is that Boeser is just a middle 6 winger.  So he’s slightly overpaid.  Should have been in the $5-6M salary range.  

I think it's pretty tough to downplay it to $5-6M salary range if the Qualifying Offer was 7.5M.

My question is, what was the reasoning behind the previous contract signing for giving out the 7.5M Qualifying Offer?

1 hour ago, The King of Kings said:

I think it's pretty tough to downplay it to $5-6M salary range if the Qualifying Offer was 7.5M.

My question is, what was the reasoning behind the previous contract signing for giving out the 7.5M Qualifying Offer?

It had to do with that Sharks guy getting that ridiculous $10M QO.  So JB followed the precedent.  Then NHL stepped in to change the rules afterwards.