The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know they’re good pkers but with how important Miller and Hughes are to our team do we really want them out there on the pk blocking shots?

Yes because they thrive from being on the PK. Look at Petey once he got on the PK last year too 

55 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Keep this rate up, nux will be dressing an AHL roster on season opener. 

Absolutely, haha. I don’t care how close Abby is to the rink, i’m gonna show up to every game with goalie gear in case I get a shot at being the EBUG 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yes because they thrive from being on the PK. Look at Petey once he got on the PK last year too 

Yea but for every minute on the pk chasing the puck that’s one less minute he can play 5 on 5 and the less fresh he’s gonna be at the end of games.

Hughes will be good no matter what situation he’s put in because he’s a good player. The question is are we only putting him there because we lack good pk D men. And if that’s the case is that really the right decision?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yea but for every minute on the pk chasing the puck that’s one less minute he can play 5 on 5 and the less fresh he’s gonna be at the end of games.

Hughes will be good no matter what situation he’s put in because he’s a good player. The question is are we only putting him there because we lack good pk D men. And if that’s the case is that really the right decision?

ask any player, especially high level ones, and they all feel more involved and engaged when playing in all situations. that by far more than makes up for the extra couple minutes of wear and tear. these are guys in their mid-20s in peak physical condition, if they can handle 19-20 minutes a night but not 21-23, there's something wrong. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

ask any player, especially high level ones, and they all feel more involved and engaged when playing in all situations. that by far more than makes up for the extra couple minutes of wear and tear. these are guys in their mid-20s in peak physical condition, if they can handle 19-20 minutes a night but not 21-23, there's something wrong. 

Not about handling the minutes it’s about reducing injury.

Injuries are far more likely on the pk when you’re trying to close lanes and are having 100 mph shots directed at you.

We saw it with Bo last year and he has a ton of pk experience. All it takes is getting turned the wrong way at the wrong time.