The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Can the season have started off any worse? Multiple injuries, owner scandal, captain contract in the air, first two pre season games were a bust..

Excuse me but how are people not freaking out, if you think the above is just over worrying think again on how many bad things are happening.

Could've been much worse!! Poolman could still have migraines... Demko could've suffered a groin injury... Kuzmenko could struggle at NHL pace... Dickinson's form could dip even further...

I tend to look on the bright side... Boeser and Mikeyhev at least will return in a few weeks and the season isn't starting till another 1.5 week. We're lucky to have Hoglander!!

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Could've been much worse!! Poolman could still have migraines... Demko could've suffered a groin injury... Kuzmenko could struggle at NHL pace... Dickinson's form could dip even further...

I tend to look on the bright side... Boeser and Mikeyhev at least will return in a few weeks and the season isn't starting till another 1.5 week. We're lucky to have Hoglander!!

Oh now you’ve done it RakuRaku.

Okay everybody, we can now blame Raku when all of this crap comes to pass!

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

27 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It won't come to pass because none of us will ever look at FAQ the same anymore knowing he (apparently) beat the living daylights out of his children based on CBC Report of several sworn affidavits submitted by each of them to the court outlining their allegations of abuse not to mention that each of the children has disclosed physical and psychological "Wife-Beating" abuse of their mother.   

Quote from CBC Report on Affidavits from children describing alleged abuse: "I locked myself in my bathroom. The respondent broke the lock and was throwing his body at the door to come in and beat me. I called the claimant [Tali'ah Aquilini] and asked her to hurry home, stating I was scared the respondent would kill me, and I was worried that he had already killed my younger siblings.  

One child recalled an incident in which they say their father began beating them while they were sleeping and continued to beat them until they woke up. Another remembered being punched in the stomach by Francesco Aquilini.

In the most lengthy passage Hunter read for the court, one child described their father becoming angry with the children because they were being too loud in the family rec room.

"The respondent [Francesco Aquilini] then forced all of us upstairs into our individual rooms, went to each room to physically abuse each child. I saw the respondent throw another child — at that time five years old — across the room," the affidavit says.

Is this the kind of Leadership we need steering the Canucks organization ?  

Reality is: "His gig is UP" !

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Are u that afraid of jinx?? Living in fear and denial?? LOL... This season we have much better depth and better coach and GM so no, I am not worried at all!!

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Are u that afraid of jinx?? Living in fear and denial?? LOL... This season we have much better depth and better coach and GM so no, I am not worried at all!!

I was kidding of course. But yeah, way to jinx it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Can the season have started off any worse? Multiple injuries, owner scandal, captain contract in the air, first two pre season games were a bust..

Excuse me but how are people not freaking out, if you think the above is just over worrying think again on how many bad things are happening.

If you are "freaking out" over hockey maybe try Valium?

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bigger doesn’t mean better fighter. 

Look at what Rick Rypien was able to do. (RIP)

Sure. And Myers is a terrible fighter but let's stay in the bell curve.

I also heard from way up high Ben Eager destroy Rypien(RIP).

Edited by Chris12345

2 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Preseason?

Those games matter?

I don't get what you think was going to happen. The team is a fringe playoff team. Get ready and buckle up.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Sure. And Myers is a terrible fighter but let's stay in the bell curve.

I also heard from way up high Ben Eager destroy Rypien(RIP).

I wouldn't say destroy, Eager had a bit of an edge to the fight, but I wouldn't call it a one sided fight:

And don't forget Boris Valabik fight

Or against 6'7" Hal Gill

Pretty sure that Zack Stortini forgot pretty quickly that he was the bigger player....

• Like 3