The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not about handling the minutes it’s about reducing injury.

Injuries are far more likely on the pk when you’re trying to close lanes and are having 100 mph shots directed at you.

We saw it with Bo last year and he has a ton of pk experience. All it takes is getting turned the wrong way at the wrong time.

Bo got hit by his own player after an offensive draw win. 

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Injuries are far more likely on the pk when you’re trying to close lanes and are having 100 mph shots directed at you.

We saw it with Bo last year and he has a ton of pk experience. All it takes is getting turned the wrong way at the wrong time.

the only problem is the lack of capable PK fwds and that BB likes to run multiple units.

what fwd pairs would you run? 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

it's definitely worth the risk in my book. it's about culture and mindset, sacrifice. it trickles down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have more of a problem with Hughes on there.

Miller I can accept because we need someone who can win draws.

if blocking shots is your worry, that's far more a forward deal on the pk than it is a defenceman thing. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Can the season have started off any worse? Multiple injuries, owner scandal, captain contract in the air, first two pre season games were a bust..

Excuse me but how are people not freaking out, if you think the above is just over worrying think again on how many bad things are happening.

I am definitely much less optimistic and excited now compared to a week ago.  It's very unfortunate 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Can the season have started off any worse? Multiple injuries, owner scandal, captain contract in the air, first two pre season games were a bust..

Excuse me but how are people not freaking out, if you think the above is just over worrying think again on how many bad things are happening.

I dunno, but I'm not freaking out and I'm not going to worry at all..

The team is good, were gonna have a good season.

As for the owner, I have nothing to say about FAQ. Never had a high opinion of him other than I appreciate that he spends on the club.

Hope the courts do the right thing with the scandal, gotta admit I wont be paying much attention to it.

Though I do wonder if one of the kids is Alana, my bud used to date her when I lived in Van. She worked for her dad, I always assumed she had a good relationship with him.