The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minor uniform change to stripes on pants

Rate this topic

BMorrison 7

On 9/23/2022 at 8:53 PM, Coconuts said:

I'd love it if they wore an actual "fun" jersey in a game. Halloween, Christmas, St. Patties and so on. They'd sell, just wear the damn things during the game. 

Who is this St Patricia? 

Patrick comes from Pádraic/Padraig (potentially these are derived from Latin Patricus). Paddy is a derivative of this. Hence why depending on its use the Irish have been referred to as Paddy’s and why a lot of Irish view American Irish as plastic paddy’s. 

Patty is a derivative of Patricia or a slab of ground meat. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Who is this St Patricia? 

Patrick comes from Pádraic/Padraig (potentially these are derived from Latin Patricus). Paddy is a derivative of this. Hence why depending on its use the Irish have been referred to as Paddy’s and why a lot of Irish view American Irish as plastic paddy’s. 

who on earth could possibly care?

furthermore

Screenshot_20220925-074120_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6aa9a8df8b82f5243d06e74d581ec191.jpg

Edited by tas

1 hour ago, tas said:

who on earth could possibly care?

furthermore

Screenshot_20220925-074120_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6aa9a8df8b82f5243d06e74d581ec191.jpg

The Irish. 

whether some people use it or not doesn’t make it correct.

could care less

And

couldn't care less are a good example of this.

one is wrong however it’s now entered modern parlance. 

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

The Irish. 

whether some people use it or not doesn’t make it correct.

could care less

And

couldn't care less are a good example of this.

one is wrong however it’s now entered modern parlance. 

why is ok to change patricius to padraig but not paddy to patty?

there aren't many things more obnoxious than irish pride. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Who is this St Patricia? 

Saitama Ok | Arte com personagens, Animes wallpapers, Filmes de anime

I liked the stripes on the pants. I never looked at their pants until now and didn't even notice stripes on pants and no stripes on pants.  But I like stripes.  By comparing the two, the stripes give a vintage look. 

Really, they should wear those 1994 uniforms more! 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:12 AM, psharpe07 said:

Having watched the preseason games I agree it was the right call to remove it.  Looks a little less busy and the vertical stripes do jar against the horizontal in my opinion.  

Strongly disagree. 

Look at the pants of these classic uniforms:

20221004_114448.jpg

20221004_113231.jpg

20221004_113210.jpg

20220815_233123.jpg

20220815_233055.jpg

• Cheers 2

On 9/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, thrago said:

I really like the skate jersey, but it's mostly the color scheme more then the skate although the skate is at least hockey related.  The current color scheme isn't great and the Orca is terrible, not only is it silly looking it makes no sense Orca's are found everywhere there is an Ocean, has nothing to do with Vancouver 90% of the planet is water.

True Story:   Many years ago on the way home from work I heard about Gordie Howe being at a charity golf event in Tsawwassen on the radio - late one afternoon and rushed home to grab what ever hockey "stuff" I could quickly find for him to sign and then rushed right back out the door and rushed out to Tsawwasen.  This included a couple of newer Gordie Howe cards and our white Canucks jersey.   When we got the the golf course, we immediatly spotted him walking near the club house and got a good 5 minutes alone with him where we posed with him for pictures holding his book and where he signed two of his hockey cards and then the canucks jersey on the back side.    Before doing so, He took at the logo on the front of our jersey and asked Quote: "What kind of fish that was on the jersey?" We said an Orca, which he quickly responded back with  QUOTE " No real hockey team puts a whale on their Jersey"      I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I hope to always be more concerned with the abilities of the players, than what they are wearing.

Whereas I have enough mental bandwidth to be able to watch a game and tell which team is which based on what they are wearing.