The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Rachel Doerrie

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

On 10/8/2022 at 11:18 PM, BlastPast said:

MacKinnon/Landeskog/Barrie/O'Reilly/Duchesne/E.Johnson/Varlamov. All 26 or younger as of July 1, 2014. That pretty much summarizes the point I was making. 

Every team has good players, it's the decision of a gm to decide who to keep and who to trade for maximum value to further strengthen the team. I believe sakic did just that and turned his team around once he took over. Not just for short term, but long term and already won the cup. 

The Canucks have Demko, Hughes, Petey, horvat, etc. Do you think alvin or even the fanbase have the balls to trade some of them for max value and capitalizing on the returns they get from them and turning this team into a long term contender? Highly doubt it. We'd want to keep most of the core and hope to find players to compliment them. 

On 10/10/2022 at 12:50 AM, Quint said:

I am not smelling what you are stepping in. A number of those names were moved on from before Colorado won the cup. Seems like savvy GMing. Please make your point again as I am too stupid to understand it as you have thus far laid it out. 

Yes, some were traded. You could say that Colorado was fortunate to have such valuable pieces to trade in the first place. If someone inherits 900k and then eventually turns it into a million, are they totally self-made? Finally, I am not suggesting Sakic did not do a good job; I am saying that he was very fortunate to have the pieces he started off with. 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, secksii said:

Every team has good players, it's the decision of a gm to decide who to keep and who to trade for maximum value to further strengthen the team. I believe sakic did just that and turned his team around once he took over. Not just for short term, but long term and already won the cup. 

The Canucks have Demko, Hughes, Petey, horvat, etc. Do you think alvin or even the fanbase have the balls to trade some of them for max value and capitalizing on the returns they get from them and turning this team into a long term contender? Highly doubt it. We'd want to keep most of the core and hope to find players to compliment them. 

Not every team has 7 great players who are age 26 or younger. That is a very favourable position that provides many attractive options. What did he really have left to do? Build a left side of the defense and add some depth. What about that touches a nerve? It isn't even a criticism; it's an observation.

Edited by BlastPast

On 10/11/2022 at 8:05 PM, BlastPast said:

Not every team has 7 great players who are age 26 or younger. That is a very favourable position that provides many attractive options. What did he really have left to do? Build a left side of the defense and add some depth. What about that touches a nerve? It isn't even a criticism; it's an observation.

Well that and somehow trade Barrie for something of actual use.

This is hilarious, honestly.
Before she was even hired she went on that podcast and ripped the organization, as well as several of our star players (including Miller and Peety).
She's a bratty, loud mouthed, snot nosed know-it-all who's now crying foul.
They obviously just hired her "on reputation" and didn't bother to look into what that entire reputation entailed.
Castonguay and Granato are legit professional NHL hires, but this twattwaffle was a huge fail and they only have themselves to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, secksii said:

most of the core?

half the fan base wants Motte, Lammikko  and Stetcher back

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

She isn’t a longtime employee so the bar is pretty low for her employer to be able to let her go for any reason unless she had a contract that said otherwise.

We have without cause dismissal in BC so your employer has the right to let you go for no reason.  You just get notice or severance.

She can probably sue for more than the minimum severance (one week of pay for under 12 months service) as she did relocate to take the job and left another job to do it… likely not for more money than what the lawyer is going to cost her.

I wouldn’t read anything nefarious into it without other info.  If she is arguing she was let go on discriminatory grounds or they didn’t uphold their contract, that might be a little more interesting.

Her Mom’s comments seem to hint at some malfeasance by the Canucks but a mom being mad her kid got fired isn’t a lot to go on.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

She isn’t a longtime employee so the bar is pretty low for her employer to be able to let her go for any reason unless she had a contract that said otherwise.

We have without cause dismissal in BC so your employer has the right to let you go for no reason.  You just get notice or severance.

She can probably sue for more than the minimum severance (one week of pay for under 12 months service) as she did relocate to take the job and left another job to do it… likely not for more money than what the lawyer is going to cost her.

I wouldn’t read anything nefarious into it without other info.  If she is arguing she was let go on discriminatory grounds or they didn’t uphold their contract, that might be a little more interesting.

Her Mom’s comments seem to hint at some malfeasance by the Canucks but a mom being mad her kid got fired isn’t a lot to go on.

I would imagine she'll go for some kind of reputation damage here as well. 

Man that must have been one hell of a meeting that went bad. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1