The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Joshua, Lazar, now Stillman to add some toughness to our D with Schenn ... We're getting harder to play against. Everyone seems to be playing with more bite. At least that 2nd isn't for a while yet. We'll be better by then too.

If a defenseman takes liberties with Petie we should overlap a tough Dman on the next forecheck and Myers or Stillman can knock the crap out of him.

• Cheers 3

So the Canucks just got better and it cost a 2nd rounder. I remember when we got Dickenson and alot of people, myself included, thought it was great. It sucks he didn't work out here. I wish him all the best.

I was on team Benning for a long time. I now see that Allvin is a big upgrade. I think the Canucks are going to use this year to find their identity, and surprise alot of people. Then 2024 they are going to enter their window for a chance at the cup. 

A 2nd rounder in 2024 is unlikely to make the odds of winning the cup better during the window. This trade does. Great trade.

25 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Poolman stinks.  Rathbone isnt going to make this team over myers and dermott

I'm assuming that's the current D given injuries to Myers and Dermott. For all his flaws I don't think anyone has Myers as #9 on the depth chart.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - Poolman

Stillman - Burroughs

Rathbone

Wolanin

Trying not to be a debbie downer but I sure hope there’s another move coming.

As much as I love Schenn, that right side  does not inspire a lot of confidence.

Though maybe Stillman would be an ok-ish option as full shutdown guy when Myers comes back?!

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

Trying not to be a debbie downer but I sure hope there’s another move coming.

As much as I love Schenn, that right side  does not inspire a lot of confidence.

Though maybe Stillman would be an ok-ish option as full shutdown guy when Myers comes back?!

Damn right!! It just doesn't sit well with zero offense and drive coming from the right side!! The QH on right side experiment was over quickly when he got hit on his blind side a couple times... Even when Myers is back healthy, the D still lacks balance. Too bad Woo is still not ready for NHL...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If a defenseman takes liberties with Petie we should overlap a tough Dman on the next forecheck and Myers or Stillman can knock the crap out of him.

Rat players will always be rat players no matter who is in the opposing team's lineup.

Look at the following (I mean, Lucic was even on the ice at the time!):

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Just one more example of the fatal weakness of the Jim Benning management group.  Complete failure to surround the solid core group Benning assembled with decent complementary parts.  This skill is often underrated.  Dickinson is just a worse version of Tim Schaller (remember that garbage player that Benning also acquired?).  And of course, in seven years on the job, all Benning could do to find as head coach of the team was Willie Desjardins & Travis Green  (that alone should be a fireable offense).

• Upvote 1