The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Canucks will be better than the Oilers this year.  Oilers can't get lucky every game...right?

I don’t think so. This game once again showed everyone that McDavid is a game changer, and as long as he is in the lineup, I don’t see the Canucks could get pass the Oilers.

Edited by ey40

The powerplay really killed us. 5v5 we were playing so well and controlling the game and dictating the pace. Barely noticed McDavid the first period… and then the power plays….. we slowed our own momentum by not moving our feet, failing on our odd man advantages and not really creating much off of it either… took ourselves out of the game.

1 minute ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Terrible game by Pearson, Horvat and Miller.

We. Need. Defence.

I’m so tired of the lack of "heart and soul" from Horvat on a consistent basis and I love Miller but his yo-yo effort games are frustrating. Pettersson, Hughes and Demko can’t carry this team on their own.

Also, don’t blame the missed call. Good teams don’t break down after one bad goal.

That's a fair point. It just happened to lead to the moment that woke the Oilers up

But you're right, ideally we should be able to win even when the other team came to play too

• Cheers 1

It’s happened to this team for years. Bad call or bad bounce and they go into a shell. Should have come out after the missed call on Hughes with a McSorely special to Conor McDavid but instead they just accept it and go into a shell. And look what happens. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I still think we have the wrong mix of players on this team and the team should be completely torn down and rebuilt over the next few years.    This crew has been together for years and have failed year after year. Not much changed this year, so why would we expect anything different.

Ya it's a mentality they can't seem to shake. Ages of the players all over the place and a lot of lazy players I find and they just shrug it off like it's no big deal. Doesn't seem to bother anyone enough to say or do anything on the ice. Demko couldn't save them tonight. I feel like Demko's numbers against Edmonton. It seems like he isn't very good against them. Career wise.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

My thoughts:

- For the most part, we outplayed the Oilers. 
- Our Powerplay was futile tonight

-Hoglander is not talented enough to be playing with Petey. He blew a couple of grade A scoring chances 

- Refs did their usual screw-Canucks thing. Sutherland blind to high stick on Hughes, should have been 4 min major rather than goal for Oilers, giving them life

- We should win against the Flyers if we play that way 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

I don’t think so. This game once again showed everyone that McDavid is a game changer, and as long as he is in the lineup, I don’t see the Canucks could get pass the Oilers.

And Kane, he's skilled and plays on the edge and when he gets away with it like on the Hughes high stick, it's a game changer as well. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I hope its just the disappointment of tonight, but this REALLY killed my excitement for the season.

Nothing like blowing a 3 goal lead and lose to a hated division rival in regulation in their season opener to kick off the season. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

I blame that shit where this team goes flaky and confused when pressured. More dirty hits. Nothing back. It’s officially embarrassing.

I thought that we dominated them physically.  Outside of a couple of late hits and trips, pretty much all the big hits were delivered by Burroughs, Stillman and Schenn.  

We're looking much more assertive in that department then last year. Joshua ran into their goalie with quite a bit of speed and nobody did anything, so Edmonton could be the angry ones there too.