The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Canuck luck?

Game turned on that missed call by Refs.

Instead of it being 3-0 still with Canucks getting a PP after 4 on 4, it turns into a goal with QH on the ice bloodied pretty much that whole oilers PP.

Really sucks.

Edited by Viper007

Just now, MikeyD said:

Bruce literally stopped rolling his lines. Joshua played 6 minutes and Lazar 7.

The team needed energy and he didn't even throw his energy line out lmfao

When you have 10+ mins of PP time, your 4th line aint getting much ice time. 

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

The better team at 5 on 5 lost tonight...which was a theme last season (whether the Canucks won or lost).  I guess 5 on 5 means absolutely nothing in this league, only to the analytic community

Well, it means you have to take care of all situations.  Special teams is still part of the game/

• Huggy Bear 2

Need to be more tenacious. 

The non call on QH was the turning point, but it shouldn't have been if the team can respond to bad breaks. You make your own opportunities. 

Got a few days to regroup and adjust.  Win the next game. 

PK wasn't great, but cant give up a SHG. 

EP and Kuz looked good.  Hoggy a bit snake bitten. Missed too many shot attempts on net. 

Demko is fine, can't fault him tonight.

JT was so so overall even with 2 pts, faded in the third.  Oils had McDavid line on him, just have to find another gear. Really messed up not scoring on that opportunity. You have to bury those, esp with that contract. 

Bo didn't have a great game. Need more from him. Podz looked good.  

Boeser had some jump early then faded. Excepted with no preseason games. 

• Vintage 1

Honestly, this shows the mental maturity that this team needs. The 1st Oilers goal shouldn't of counted. Full stop. Everyone knows it. The team needed to shake it off and push back but they tried to sit back and that will never work.

The last time I was this disappointed by a combination of the team needing to learn how to shake off bad reffing and having bad reffing directly effect the outcome of the game in such an obvious manner, was when I was in the stands on May 3rd '07 in Anaheim and Scott Neidermayer scored for the Ducks in OT while Luongo had his hand in the air trying to call a penalty on Rob Niedermayer that definitely should of been called.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I cannot ****ing stand EDM.

A pathetic excuse of a franchise that got gifted the greatest player ever after years of embarrassing the sport with their futility. 

It feel like the same thing everytime, we outplay them, they get a lucky break or two & McDavid tears us apart.

I would honestly cheer for the Leafs or Bruins in a SCF against EDM. **** the Oilers

I feel the exact same way, wanted this bad. This loss guts me. I hate this loss. I'm just pissed. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

I wasn’t a malicious play; stick came up is all. The play should have blown down and Kane got 4 mins. take a roughing call for nothing…humm

I agree it wasn't malicious but when someone like Kane causes your start player to be turtled on the ice with blood coming from his face AND the refs do nothing about it, in fact it leads to the tying goal... someone should do something. It's part of the job some of our players have and I would've like to see them do it. 

5 minutes ago, TFerguson said:

I would've loved to see one of: Joshua, Lazar, Schenn...Stillman go after Kane

That's the pushback we needed right at that moment. Just someone to go after Kane automatically for bloodying our star D-Man. Once upon a time that was normal. And I bet it would've change our energy after that first goal.

You don’t bother with Kane you go straight after McDavid the next time he’s in Sutherland’s ice and you throw the world’s biggest tantrum if they call you for a penalty. 

Now we get to hear the depressed responses by the players that we are so accustomed to. Hey you want to change peoples opinions play a full 60 min. At least 45 minutes. Such babies when things don't go their way. Where is the resilience? They just turtle and go into a shell. You see such a different demeanour between Tampa and their responses off and on the ice compared to ours.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

Just one thing though … Boeser… I mean … he is a 6 million dollar man doing 2 million dollar things..

Boeser should’ve been moved a year or two ago. Going to be hard moving that contract especially with his value being at an all time low. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

Horvat needs to go for a good D men.

I'm sorry Horvat fans but someone good needs to go to address the D and he is the only option now.

i hate to say it but this is the only logical move they have left to "quickly" fix the d.  They had a chance this summer but they signed the other guy that could get us a legit top 4 d man.  Otherwise what will they do?  be a bubble team and hope to draft a d man in the 15th-20th spot that will take 3-4 years to develop?  Or they can try and over pay in free agency which leads us to the logical path again...they need to dedicate horvat's salary to the defence..

2 minutes ago, TFerguson said:

I would really like to see more emotion from Horvat.

I bet more fans would be pushing publicly for management to sign him if we saw 50% more physicality and emotion from him since he was given the C 

Agreed... IMHO he is playing himself out of the Captain role. I honestly don't think he is capable of seizing the moment and leading on the ice. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1