The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 Buffalo Sabres(3-1-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(0-3-2) 7:00pm PT at Rogers Arena (HOME ICE!) HNIC SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic

Hey Bruce I got a tip for you on the PP. Put out the 7m dollar man OEL and run 2 D on unit 1 and let's add a decent point shot to the PP. Might as well use OEL on unit 1, he is getting paid like he should already be on it...7m plus for a 29 pt D man is terrible I don't care what any CDC fan wants to say its a bad use of cap space for that kind of production.

36 minutes ago, fecklund said:

We'd still be one game under.
Loser points are called that for a reason! 

Yes, it's playoffs all year round for me...

How so?  10 points in 9 games is over .500

4-3-2 is over .500

I get that we'd have won 4 and lost 5, but the point for a regulation tie is part of the calculus 

What am I missing?

(I still wish we'd go to the IIHF 3-2-1 system (3 points for a reg win, 1 point each for a reg tie with a second point for the OT winner) where every match is worth the same number of points, not some worth 3 and others just 2

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Buffalo is a super team as this moment in time.  Rasmus Dahlin living up to his #1 status.  Owen Power coming into his own.  And their forwards - what a group.

Should be just another day in the books for those Sabres, home opener for the Canucks or not.

4-1 Sabres.

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

How so?  10 points in 9 games is over .500

4-3-2 is over .500

I get that we'd have won 4 and lost 5, but the point for a regulation tie is part of the calculus 

What am I missing?

(I still wish we'd go to the IIHF 3-2-1 system (3 points for a reg win, 1 point each for a reg tie with a second point for the OT winner) where every match is worth the same number of points, not some worth 3 and others just 2

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

4-3-2 = 10 points in 9 games.

I guess some people equate that to being 4 wins and 5 losses.