The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

Interesting points by Boston's GM, how they had pretty much decided on the trade, then they lose their top center to injury so maybe he would have gotten a chance, then cover and say Zacha will fill the role and the deal was done anyway, and they didn't want to lose him on waivers for nothing.

Does seem like a steep price to pay on our behalf for a player who was stuck and Boston who's hands were tied and were going to lose him for free, but also Boston fans are pretty upset they lose him for scraps when he's had such promise before. 

Studnicka and Bear are both buy-low, low-risk possibly high reward (but likely low-reward IMO), safe gambles which I'm not surprised by this conservative management group. Let's just hope one of these Dermott-esque small deals pays off for us. I'm pleased they've finally addressed our needs, albeit too little too late.

Hard to say who will slot in next game but I'm sure Studnicka will, it all depends on how ready Bruce thinks our bottom forwards are. He's got Aman, Dries, Joshua and Podkolzin basically playing on the bottom lines.

I've got a feeling we'll line up like this against NJD:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Miller - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Aman - Podkolzin

Joshua - Studnicka - Hoglander

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Miller - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Aman - Podkolzin

Joshua - Studnicka - Hoglander

Yu could be right.

Dries has played so well that it is hard to take him out of the lineup and Hogz seems a bit in the doghouse again.

Probably come down to either Dries or Hogz as the odd man out.

4 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Yu could be right.

Dries has played so well that it is hard to take him out of the lineup and Hogz seems a bit in the doghouse again.

Sadly I think that's it - Dries will get more of a shot and Hoglander really hasn't done enough for Bruce. I think Rathbone and Hoglander are in BB's dog-house but to be fair they haven't blown anyone's socks off whereas Dries worked really hard out there and earned his minutes.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Someone tell me I’m seeing things. Is that a fairly large lump under his chin above his Adam’s apple? It looks very noticeable both with the mouth open and closed. Maybe he’s had a past injury I’m unaware of? He keeps stretching his mouth in the interview, which makes me a tad concerned. Maybe it’s nothing, but I don’t see that on any other player.

Regardless of my potential over reading of his face (very possible I am, just have had a lot of tragedy in the family from lumps, so it makes me nervous for him), he’s willing to lose teeth to help the team win and that type of character is impossible to teach, you either have the gumption to pay the price no matter the cost or you don’t. He’ll be a welcome addition in that perspective. Hope he plays well and solidifies a roster spot as our 3/4C.

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Someone tell me I’m seeing things. Is that a fairly large lump under his chin above his Adam’s apple? It looks very noticeable both with the mouth open and closed. Maybe he’s had a past injury I’m unaware of? He keeps stretching his mouth in the interview, which makes me a tad concerned. Maybe it’s nothing, but I don’t see that on any other player.

Regardless of my potential over reading of his face (very possible I am, just have had a lot of tragedy in the family from lumps, so it makes me nervous for him), he’s willing to lose teeth to help the team win and that type of character is impossible to teach, you either have the gumption to pay the price no matter the cost or you don’t. He’ll be a welcome addition in that perspective. Hope he plays well and solidifies a roster spot as our 3/4C.

I see a “hockey player” smile.  Like him already. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

everyone saying myrenberg has x potential, but what if studnicka becomes a solid player for us?, also we werent getting a good defenseman with DP and Myrenberg as the only players going, so if you guys have some other better trades you would of done, i'd like to hear them.

7 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

But you cannot 'ignore Mikey' as Boston needed something for taking him off our hands.

I strongly believe that Mikey should've had positive value.  

I really hate the fact that we gave up Myrenberg. Studnicka and Mikey are non-factors for me. 

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Should get it checked out.  

Sounds like a good canadian kid.  Very well spoken.  Seems like he would have excellent on ice iq

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muttley said:

Do you understand what the word eventually means?  Also; Show me something that indicates that Myrenberg is 4 or 5 years away. PS; Don't quit your day job.

Your jokes aren't up to snuff. Holdem on to that. :bigblush:

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Screenshot_20221030-171259_Chrome.jpg

Edited by coryberg
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Muttley said:

Do you understand what the word eventually means?  Also; Show me something that indicates that Myrenberg is 4 or 5 years away. PS; Don't quit your day job.

Your jokes aren't up to snuff. Holdem on to that. :bigblush:

Do you have anything at all to prove that you cared about Myrenburg before this trade? Any post anywhere? Any tweet? Something?

Otherwise, you sound like someone who would say the exact same thing even if we were trading away the worst prospect in the NHL. Who cares about whether the trade was good or bad right? It's all about bashing them Canucks!

And hey. If you have proof otherwise, I'm willing to take back what I said. Ball's in your court. I don't just want words though, I want proof. People seem to think these debates are about winning and losing so then: Proof = you win. Just words = you lose. ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

• -AJ- unfeatured this topic

Not sure why 5 years away is a bad thing... Is Allvin not expecting to be here in 5 years lol? Isn't it normal for prospects especially later rounders to develop 4-5 years, we stack up on them now and it will help us in the mid-future. Unless we are Benning style and empty out our cupboards which the new management promised not to do.....???? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Not sure why 5 years away is a bad thing... Is Allvin not expecting to be here in 5 years lol? Isn't it normal for prospects especially later rounders to develop 4-5 years, we stack up on them now and it will help us in the mid-future. Unless we are Benning style and empty out our cupboards which the new management promised not to do.....???? 

Of course it's normal for 4-5 years. Let me ask you this in return: should the Canucks care about a prospect that may or may not make the NHL in 4-5 years? It micromanaging on that level even healthy for an organization? Remember that we are talking about a 5TH ROUND PLAYER. I feel like I need to capitalize this because you seem more focused on us keeping a 5th round player than an actual player who's played NHL games.

If Myrenburg is your idea of our prospect cupboard, then I hope you expect up to be a crappy team for years to come. Stacking up on 5th round players to "become a better team in 4-5 years might be one of the stupidest ideas I've seen on this forum. Mark my words: we will NEVER be a good team if this is our thought process: NEVER. Seriously, could you actually imagine if that was our strategy? How many fans would lose their minds? You might be the only one going "we did the right thing"... although I have my doubts even you'd be like that....

Thanks for the laugh at least. lol

Anyway, I'm just frustrated with all the nonsense I see at times. Why can't people just cheer for the team and not immediately think every trade's crap? (even when it clearly isn't) :(

Edit because I added a petty comment and I'm not going to stoop that low even though I know I could.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GB5 said:

Yu could be right.

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sadly I think that's it - Dries will get more of a shot and Hoglander really hasn't done enough for Bruce. I think Rathbone and Hoglander are in BB's dog-house but to be fair they haven't blown anyone's socks off whereas Dries worked really hard out there and earned his minutes.

Dries was sent down yesterday...

Screenshot_20221030-200547_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Not on this topic, but generally, hit-head-hammer.gif  I'm sure you do.

I gave you a chance to prove yourself:: to either respond with proof or words. You didn't even provide words.

I 100% nailed it on the head on this topic. You, on the other hand, failed.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Should get it checked out.  

Sounds like a good canadian kid.  Very well spoken.  Seems like he would have excellent on ice iq

Ok, so you see it too? Thank goodness I’m not seeing things and yes he absolutely should get that checked out if he hasn’t already. I loved his interview. Can’t wait to see him on the ice for us!

10 hours ago, Drakrami said:

The current FO are all signed to short term deals