The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

38 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I just don't get why some people get riled up when people choose to look for the upside of a move. But I guess some people get more energy from always looking for the downside. It is what it is. 

Ultimately, it's their loss, and definitely not a good way to go through life. 

Hope that helps them. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Retention makes this palatable, hopefully near 50%.

Another in a series of pretty "meh" moves that don't actually address the major roster issues though...

Still applying band aids instead of ripping them off...

Yeah trade should be okay for Van. Low risk for both teams. 

But I agree a bigger move is needed. 

Trade Miller. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

No offense, but the Loui emote was an embarassment. there was no need to ridicule loui, he was trying his best.

The Loui react was a fitting tribute to a Canuck legend, he's right up there with other players who've gotten reacts in Burrows, the Sedin's, Pettersson, and Hughes. It's honestly a travesty that he wasn't brought back as PK depth, he was a free agent this summer. 

I miss the Loui react, and I miss Loui.  

The Coyotes shared this picture on their Twitter account in ...

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

16 minutes ago, JL44 said:

I would hate to be a Canuck player… such fickle fans… “we need a rh D” trades for Ethan bear a RH d man… 

“can’t believe we gave up an asset for this guy” 

Personally I am pumped to see Bear wear the orca, and happy we got a RH d man. Hope he finds some chemistry with huggy when he’s back and we can shove it down the negative Nancy’s Throats  

The Gillis's regime told us they were going to be aggressive in the chase for the cup; the Benning regime told us they would re-tool and build through the draft but proceeded to trade countless draft picks; Rutherford/Allvin regime told us that they were not in a position to trade draft picks, yet here we are.  

It's to cumulative aspect that fans are upset about not so much the individual trades at the time.  Also, the seeming unwillingness to trade assets at the deadline/draft to accumulate more picks.

Edited by amplified0ne
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

CDC trolls: Our management are imbeciles and should all be fired! They have brains the size of peanuts and tiny tiny man parts! Our team is literally human fecal matter set on fire! 

CDC: yeah what you are saying is ill-informed and also completely over the top. Please stop. 

CDC troll 2: So we aren’t allowed to say we disagree! Freedom! I can’t say what I want? Freeeeedom!

tldr: you reap what you sow. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 4

Just now, amplified0ne said:

The Gillis's regime told us they were going to be aggressive in the chase for the cup; the Benning regime told us they would re-tool and build through the draft but proceeded to trade countless draft picks; Rutherford/Allvin regime told us that they were not in a position to trade draft picks, yet here we are.  

It's to cumulative aspect that fans are upset about not so much the individual trades at the time.  Also, the seeming unwillingness to trade assets at the deadline/draft to accumulate more picks.

Lets wait and see what they do for the whole season before grading them on how they handle draft picks

Remember they can still move players out to get picks.

If we're in a position to miss the playoffs by the TDL, guarantee you'll see us finish the year with a fat stack of 2023 picks.

All in all, a 5th rounder is not hard to recoup (motte on a rental, when we had no intention of re-signing him netted us a 4th rounder). 

3 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Stupendous post.  One of the best I've seen.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Couldn't get into their lineup over Chatfield, hasn't played at all this season. We didn't really give up much so I suppose it's fair I'm not expecting much. 

Speaks more to the state of our defense than anything. Wonder how they'll approach his qualifying offer at the end of the season but I suppose we could just let him walk. We've already got one 3D at 2.5M who may or may not play, now we've got one who's qualifying offer is 2.2M.

it's really not that complicated. if he earns his qo, qualify him. if he doesn't but you still want him, offer him less. if he doesn't take it, let him walk. who cares?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1