The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, eeeeergh said:

bear also unironically looking like our best defenseman tonight

made good plays in the o-zone

hasn't made any costly mistakes

Also like to point out Schenn, another bottom end defender playing like a lion. 

Meanwhile….Quinn Hughes is supposed to be our franchise defencemen and he is playing like a frightened kitten. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Boudreau said:

On pace and what he actually ends up with are two different things.

Would be shocked if he got 35.

Trade him for a king's ransom - Bo is likable and talented but he can't drive this team forward and isn't worth $7M+x8. If done correctly, mgmt has pieces to totally alter this team quickly with some smart trades. Keep everyone under 25 yoa (andaybe the Russians) - trade the rest for what the team can get between now and the TDL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

bear also unironically looking like our best defenseman tonight

made good plays in the o-zone

hasn't made any costly mistakes

Invisible and frankly looking really slow to me.

What play stood out for you? Maybe I'm missing something. Definitely wouldn't be the first time.

Absolutely embarrassing game of hockey. Why coach keeps throwing Myers and OEL out has me wanting to blow my head off. Can't play any worse defense.

I've been watching AHL games lately and holy hell the skill level is ten times what we are seeing tonight. Absolutely brain dead low effort low IQ hockey. I expect this out of the CHL, not the NHL.

Keep changing lines with zero forecheck. OEL looks as if he's in slow motion in literally everything he's doing. Can't react on time, can't anticipate on time, can't make a play on time. How this guy continues to see the ice blows me away, and Myers is too dumb to even realize it.

And I'm not even gonna go into depth on Demko but he looks like a CHL goalie out there too. Everything is awful technically, not aggressive, can't make a read to save his life, leaking easy rebounds, slow to react, etc. He should have been pulled after goal 2. You can see he was unprepared after the first shift in our end. Just looks absolutely brutal. He cannot continue to get games over Martin until he wants to work in net. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, rampage said:

How nice would it have been if we had just let Roussel, Eriksson, and Beagle just expire instead of trading for OEL.........

I thought he was excellent last year but I gotta admit that he's been subpar this year, especially in the last 4ish games. 

Just now, bad alice french said:

Invisible and frankly looking really slow to me.

What play stood out for you? Maybe I'm missing something. Definitely wouldn't be the first time.

He hasn't stood out. He just hasn't sucked so he's the best defenseman out there tonight. 

• Cheers 2