The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You underestimate the shortsightedness of many GM’s. 

You overestimate the return on Miller.  He had 1 year left on his deal and management felt underwhelmed at the offers they were getting and decided he was more valuable as a member of the team as opposed to trading him.  What makes you think Miller's value is higher now than it was at the deadline or draft?  

• Cheers 1

Those of you needing some cheering up.

Observe this beautiful moment in Canucks history. Note the incredible precision, the silky smooth hands, the ability to sense (without looking) the location of an empty net. Then observe our lord and saviour panting and wheezing at the bench after potting his first goal in his first game as a Canuck, content, as he knows he is well on his way to fulfilling his destiny. 

Edited by eeeeergh
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Its the same as acquiring a good forward... you have to pay.

Rutherford and Alvin were willing to pay for Mikheyev, but they weren't willing to pay for a D.

There are lots of options and alternatives out there... but management needs to be willing to work on the problem.

Yes I know how the process works. However the ratio for quality forwards and quality defenseman makes it difficult theses days. If you want a top 4 bonafide year after year, healthy productive dman it will cost you heavily, if you can find a trade partner that is. Top 2 dman on any team would be almost untouchable. So without giving away the farm for a few top 4 D, how could some other bottom 6 d from other clubs help this situation?

30 minutes ago, Pickly said:

At this point might as well go full send and gut it. Make the best hockey trades you can and gather as many picks and prospects as you can gather. That includes every single player on this roster and there is nobody not named. This core is dysfunctional and it’s been long enough to warrant that it isn’t going to work. 

I would keep Podz but other than that scorch earth this thing.

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

At least Horvat giving his final goodbye to the team like a beast, going to haul a very good return. 

I won’t accept anything less. What a fk up. Why Miller why. I was on the fence about what to do with him. Then we signed him. I was quite happy. I thought what’s the next move. Then nothing happened. Are we stuck with Miller and trading Horvat. What a crap move 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1