The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

23 hours ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

I'm glad that I'm not eternally judged for every awful thing I did when I was a stupid kid. I hope that was a huge life lesson for him and he has truly grown as a human being.

We need to accept that people do grow over time.

That being said, now I want to go YouTube some interviews of the kid.

There's a difference when you make a mistake, own up to it, face the consequences and ask for forgiveness, and apologize. Maybe do some charity work to try and be a good human to try to make amends. Not try and sweep it under the rug. Sort of like Hockey Canada and it's former board.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For a team that's 10-1 this was a stupid decision.

Even Benning wouldn't have done something this stupid.

Idk what it is with sports and thinking PR just isn't a thing. Sure goes to show the entitled attitude everyone in power has 

• Cheers 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Something helpful would be the family and Miller speaking the same language, insisting nothing will ever be enough until restitution to the victim and family takes place. Not to simplify or disregard anything here but what is it the victim's family wants ? Miller has apologized its been reported multiple times or attempted in multiple ways and neither has been accepted. 

Miller has been convicted, plead guilty to charges and he faced consequences sure, nobody is going to pretend to know how the victim feels or lives daily with what was done to him, clearly the family feels no closure over this, but what is Miller supposed to do, not earn a living, not follow a career path ? its horrible, the family clearly feels whatever effort Miller has made is not enough and does not suit them in order for them to move forward. Hopefully the victim has a strong support system and maybe at some point the family and Miller can find amicable ground. 

You really need to read this letter written by Miller's victim's mother to understand why you are in the wrong here. Nobody is saying Miller shouldn't make a living. People are saying that being in the NHL is a privilege, not a right and it's a privilege he has not earned. Nobody is going to stop Miller from getting a normal job out of the spotlight. People just don't seem eager to see him making millions of dollars playing hockey in the NHL.

Edited by Quantum
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

It's wild that this kid made zero effort to correct his wrong these passed few years. And here I was prepared to give him a second chance he does not deserve. The Bruins should be fined. This kid literally just waited a few years hoping the backlash would just pass. Instead of being a decent human being and reconciling. This is a very poor reflection of his parents too. Mine would never let me just get away with years and years of abusing someone. This is just shameful and stains the league if they don't do something significant. I like to believe we are better than the NBA and NFL in regards to upholding players to a higher standard.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Very happy to see the pushback from the players

Agreed. Ridiculous that Bergeron has to answer these questions instead of talking about the team’s hot start. Sweeney and Neely are getting absolutely roasted online by Bruins fans for the signing and their silence.

I appreciate this by Bergeron when he’s in a tough spot but admit that I was hoping for something a little stronger.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Quantum said:

You really need to read this letter written by Miller's victim's mother to understand why you are in the wrong here. Nobody is saying Miller shouldn't make a living. People are saying that being in the NHL is a privilege, not a right and it's a right he has not earned. Nobody is going to stop Miller from getting a normal job out of the spotlight. People just don't seem eager to see him making millions of dollars playing hockey in the NHL.

Thanks for posting this, pretty disgusting alright. I will go delete my prior post as it was written after clearly not being informed and in no way constructive to this subject. Thats horrible.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Agreed. Ridiculous that Bergeron has to answer these questions instead of talking about the team’s hot start. Sweeney and Neely are getting absolutely roasted online by Bruins fans for the signing and their silence.

I appreciate this by Bergeron when he’s in a tough spot but admit that I was hoping for something a little stronger.

Love Bergeron. 

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Quantum said:

You really need to read this letter written by Miller's victim's mother to understand why you are in the wrong here. Nobody is saying Miller shouldn't make a living. People are saying that being in the NHL is a privilege, not a right and it's a right he has not earned. Nobody is going to stop Miller from getting a normal job out of the spotlight. People just don't seem eager to see him making millions of dollars playing hockey in the NHL.

Absolutely disgusting. Where were Millers parents for all this? Clearly the kid had no moral direction from his family.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thanks for posting this, pretty disgusting alright. I will go delete my prior post as it was written after clearly not being informed and in no way constructive to this subject. Thats horrible.

Mike you have been consistent with your views across various threads on these types of topics and I appreciate your views on second chances. You changing your post here validates that second chances need to be earned before they are given. Respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's a difference when you make a mistake, own up to it, face the consequences and ask for forgiveness, and apologize. Maybe do some charity work to try and be a good human to try to make amends. Not try and sweep it under the rug. Sort of like Hockey Canada and it's former board.

Absolutely true!

I'm just saying we don't know what is in this kid's heart. I hope its deep regret and compassion. Maybe it's not. And that would be awful. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Has anyone talked to Don Sweeney or Cam Neily and asked wtf they were thinking? 

It's not often that Arizona sets a higher standard than any other team but Boston can learn from them for once.

Dunno, but if ownership has any sense they'd dump them both.

Chunks of the fanbase are pushing back and making their views known, the guys in the room are questioning it, it's an awful look for Neely and Sweeney and their choice doesn't represent the Bruins fanbase very well.

And yeah, I mean that last part. This goes beyond anyone hating the 2010-2011 Bruins or hating the Bruins or Marchand on the ice. This goes so far beyond the rink, this is about people, their values, and society. Boston fans ain't all trash the way Vancouver fans ain't all rioters, and a lot of them are speaking up and voicing their displeasure.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

you're a hard nut, coconut.