The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

My fault, meant drafting and development. Overrated af. His best pick was Pettersson. Hughes was the BPA at the time. Juolevi should’ve never been picked over Tkachuk. Outside of Demko, nobody outside of the 1st has a solidified position on the team.

This has got to be one of our biggest downfalls. We keep trying to work around the group these guys tell us to. Somehow, I don't think their track record is very good.

Trade Miller if they could.  He has a great value as he continues to score at a superstar level.  Do it before most GM notice what type of player that Miller is.  Most GM just look at stats as I know that it is not possible to be able to watch every game in the NHL.  That is if we want to keep Bo Horvat.  We can only choose one of two, Horvat or Miller.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not anywhere as big as re-signing Miller and thinking this team was anything but a joke.

Yeah not a fan of Miller but get rid of him and the team is still wrong between the ears.  

Bringing Green back for that year adds to it in my mind and that’s the deeper issue here.  Although Miller might be contributing to it as well.

1 hour ago, BertaNuck said:

To think where we would be if our first round picks worked out and filled out voids like they should have 

virtanen 

juolevi 

boeser….. 

we’ve done well with our first round picks overall. It’s rounds 2 and on we be lost big.

and not fair to put boeser in there with virtanen and juolevi common…

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

One mess leads to another mess.   It's going to take time to unF this.  This yr was supposed to at least be a playoff bubble team, but falled face flat from day one, including training camp. 

Management didn't expect this, neither did Bruce. They are all shocked how underperforming this group is. We see glimpses of their talent and capabilities, but they lack the concentration and determination to win close games, or to hold any lead, bounce back from adversity etc. 

We fans have seen enough I think. The management has too. It's not easy to make moves, and they should not do any knee jerk moves.  Take their time and make the right trade. There is no need to try to save the season.  Firing the coach will do nothing.  

Couldn’t agree more. I too expected us to be in the playoff race. The defensive position is very bad on this team but we also play like shi!t defensively as a group, from the goaltending to forwards. Bruce is not the problem, he’s making questionable moves because he’s dumb struck with this team. It’s terrible. No we don’t need to make moves. Best thing is to be patient but if no

real moves are made by the deadline then that’s an epic fail 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Totally get it. I'm more on board the tank for Bedard or top 4. That'll reset things quickly. Still need to wheel and deal for that D. 

It sucks, it's not that I even want to see Bo go, it's more that I'm resigned to it at this point. I never wanted Miller but I thought we'd at least be a fringe playoff team this season, we haven't even looked like that. 

I'm so tired of spinning our wheels, last season shocked the fanbase and somehow we're off to an even worse start a year later. How many chances do we give them? We gutted management, we fired Green. We fire trainers and other staff. Firing Boudreau isn't going to accomplish anything at this point, I don't see another guy coming in and our going on second unlikely hot stretch. And even then, I don't think we'd make the playoffs if we did. 

This team looks broken despite it's ability to score goals. Demko doesn't look like himself, and it looks like players have checked out to a degree. If this continues I could see guys asking for trades. Players hate losing. 

I know you're a big Miller fan but he didn't sign here to lose, I have a hard time believing Bo will choose to extend when most of what he's done coming up as a Canuck is lose. I'll root for him if he goes elsewhere, I totally understand that careers are brief and that players want to win. I could see Miller welcoming a move to somewhere more competitive, I've advocated trading for him for almost a year now but I hope they work with him to find a landing spot he'd be happy in. It'd mitigate some of the optics of trading him before his clauses kick in I think. 

I'm just tired of losing while trying to be make the playoffs, it's what we did a lot of under Benning. He always wanted to make the playoffs, he didn't plan for us to be bad. Same can likely be said of Al and JR, and yet here we are. I wish they'd just embrace it at this point, at least then we'd have a direction. The defense is a mess and needs addressing, the team doesn't look like a team, we don't have a ton of prospects we can give away for quick fixes and a bottom feeder shouldn't be moving picks. There are no quick fixes. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

slightly different topic

Media negativity is very quiet on the Motte and Dickenson tracker

Motte 0P last 6

Dickenson 2P last 7

Saying this now as so often when an ex player does well everyone pounces. and then go very quiet when everything balances out.

Our player acquisitions , besides Stillman and have been pretty solid so management is not the problem.... yet. 

They need to make moves, but not out of desperation.

Can see Horvat, Hoglander or Garland as first to be traded before the deadline and BB gone by the end of November.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Put Boeser, Garland, Hogs, and Podz on the block to start. 

I wish it could be that easy.  But this reminds me of the mid -late 90s, it wasnt till they traded linden that they moved the needle.  All the other stuff - like moving Gelinas etc etc was filler for filler moves.  I dont know what Hogs would get you in the open market but I suspect it wont be dramatic enough to change anything.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Yeo’s a d.ck. I would be surprised if he Wasnt the problem already. He would be a disaster to a fragile team and only manage to pi$$ the players off and the fan base. Who ever hired  him grossly misunderstood this.  

Yeah, same sour vibe about him as Green had before the end, and the same effect on the team:  no confidence or cohesion as a group.  For sure some, maybe a lot of it is on the players, but essentially this same group did come together under Bruce last year so ....

I'm also starting to think Rutherford is a dick also and that it's trickling down from the top.  Hey, I'm a crotchety old man too but that act wears thin pretty quickly. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

There’s zero chance we can trade Miller now.  Barely anybody wanted him when he was a cheap PPG+ option at 5 mil.  

He’s either an offensive weapon going forward or an angry guy who’s going to float around during a rebuild. 

We actually don’t know that. I bet we could have moved him a couple times and chose not too. Clearly we wanted a ransome if we traded him. Management gambled and lost 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Trade Miller if they could.  He has a great value as he continues to score at a superstar level.  Do it before most GM notice what type of player that Miller is.  Most GM just look at stats as I know that it is not possible to be able to watch every game in the NHL.  That is if we want to keep Bo Horvat.  We can only choose one of two, Horvat or Miller.  

Or......trade Miller while they can and also trade Bo, and Boeser, and EP, and......

• Cheers 1