The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks assign Vasily Podkolzin, Jack Rathbone to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

45 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

It's not like he hasn't been in on the forecheck, causing turnovers and creating offensive chances. 

He's going to have to "break the ice," so to speak, offensively, whether it's here or in Abbotsford. 

And, just a reminder, he is on the 1st line here with Bo and Miller. No shortage of opportunity.

I mean Lockwood could play that role on the first line, doesn’t mean he’d produce offensively either.

I have higher expectations for Hoglander than just being a good forechecker. He can be a 20 goal guy if he learns to get in the right places on the ice.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm okay with this. The few prospects the Canucks have should be developing properly.

Podkolzin is only 21, let him develop under less pressure, build his confidence. They'll need him down the road when it counts. 

Rathbone should be traded IMO, but at least in Abby he'll get a lot of ice time.

Send Hoglander down as well when Pearson gets back. 

Hoglander makes that top line quicker.  Hes been noticeably good carrying the puck and making plays wity bo and Miller.  Its either his or Podz spot long term imo.    Pearson should be on our 3rd line which needs a checking element

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thank. the lord yes please.

Let them both play big minutes and work on the details they need to while building / rebuilding confidence.

Very happy about this and its good for the fans in Abby too.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean Lockwood could play that role on the first line, doesn’t mean he’d produce offensively either.

I have higher expectations for Hoglander than just being a good forechecker. He can be a 20 goal guy if he learns to get in the right places on the ice.

I agree with the expectations part. The guy's a workhorse and his skillset is extremely high. He has a lot of potential. I have a feeling the results will show up sooner than later. And even if that means he spends time in Abbotsford. I just think that if the coach, Bo and JT are happy with his all-around effort, that's what really matters. 

• Vintage 1

Good move for both guys especially PODZ who just needs a double shot of confidence to get him back on track.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dermott practicing with a contact jersey on tomorrow. Knowing that he will slot in ahead of Stillman is a very good thing if Burroughs comes out or another injury happens.

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Thank. the lord yes please.

Let them both play big minutes and work on the details they need to while building / rebuilding confidence.

Very happy about this and its good for the fans in Abby too.

How about not. I'd rathe have him struggle in the NHL than struggle in the AHL. What do you do after he gets cold in the AHL ? Lose him to the KHL. That's what. We already lost Tryamkin. 

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I never want to see poolman in our lineup again.  

He was actually playing really well* to start the year.  I’m not hopeful but if we trade Myers it would be nice to have a healthy Poolman back.  

(Obligatory, “small sample size.” )

• Upvote 1

Pearson has not earned his minutes this year- too slow, too many pens. He is a weight defensively on the top line and miller/bo aren't great there. The third and fourth lines are both well balanced at the moment too so i don't want to see either broken up. Pearson like stillman should sit until after the next loss.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If he learns how to hit the net with his shot

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Pearson has not earned his minutes this year- too slow, too many pens. He is a weight defensively on the top line and miller/bo aren't great there. The third and fourth lines are both well balanced at the moment too so i don't want to see either broken up. Pearson like stillman should sit until after the next loss.

I agree Pearson was off to a poor start but he’s also notoriously streaky.  

I’d also wager a slower, veteran guy would look worse in the non-existent structure we had to start the year.  As things smooth out he will hopefully regain his form.  Emphasis on hopefully!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I agree Pearson was off to a poor start but he’s also notoriously streaky.  

I’d also wager a slower, veteran guy would look worse in the non-existent structure we had to start the year.  As things smooth out he will hopefully regain his form.  Emphasis on hopefully!

we're on our longest win streak of the season, on the upswing - seems like a terrible move to undercut your own momentum by changing things that are working. Don't mess with success.

I think they have a good shot at putting together a bunch of wins but not if they keep changing merely based on past.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • Cheers 1

Bones should have been Sent down a month ago it was clear he wasn’t going to be in the lineup. 
good for both these guys to get minutes in Abby. 

FA JR PA 

need to move bodies out to make room for Podz 

garland probably the easiest to move And get a return. 
Pearson  needs to go but has zero value right now.

Edited by combover