The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) OTT Formenton ineligible to play remainder of season after OTT fails to trade/sign

RWJC

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently Formenton is the one with all the dirt on the rest of the guys so he is essentially being blackballed by the NHL…

Only a matter of time before one of the guys spills the beans.  And it’s looking like it will be this guy.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Only a matter of time before one of the guys spills the beans.  And it’s looking like it will be this guy.  

When you say "this guy" do you mean Formenton or the anonymous twitter account with 50 followers who started with the word allegedly? Maybe I'm cynical but I don't think they're in 'legal circles'.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

How difficult can it be to identify the perpetrators?

Start with the full list (anybody got it?) and start scratching them off.

The shame and guilt must be raging in these young men.

And there are huge investments in their careers and futures.

Something has to give.

Start with the statements and work it out, only a couple players have not denied involvement

https://www.cbc.ca/news/players-statements-world-juniors-2018-1.6597503

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

When you say "this guy" do you mean Formenton or the anonymous twitter account with 50 followers who started with the word allegedly? Maybe I'm cynical but I don't think they're in 'legal circles'.

Do you not think Formenton is one of the the perpetrators?  We, of course, can only speculate but it sure is pointing to this guy.  And if he is on the outs by the league then he just could "spill the beans".

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Do you not think Formenton is one of the the perpetrators?  We, of course, can only speculate but it sure is pointing to this guy.  And if he is on the outs by the league then he just could "spill the beans".

I was exactly thinking that- in terms of being on the way out and spilling the beans. I think at this point to not even issue out a statement, isn’t technically proof of guilt in a court of law, but also we don’t know Schroedinger’s cat is dead either. 

I do hope that this motivates him to taking everyone involved in the incident down with him. I was sick to my stomach reading that article. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Google search for who were the players involved yielded the following:

Jake Bean, Carter Hart, Colton Point, Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Taylor Raddysh.

Toronto lawyer Scott Fenton wrote to Global News saying he represents these six players.

Kyrou and hart big names 

Is it not negligent to allow this to go on without identifying who was and who was not involved?

So many people need to know, teammates, parents & families, friends, teams, organizations, schools, colleges, etc, etc.

I don't need to know, but so many people do, that one would think a lot of the information would come out.

Imagine if one of these perpetrators was on your billion dollar hockey team.

I know it also affects lower than NHL teams, just saying that an NHL team has a lot of resources to root this out, and they better get on it.

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Jake Bean, Carter Hart, Colton Point, Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Taylor Raddysh.

Toronto lawyer Scott Fenton wrote to Global News saying he represents these six players.

You should just read this link as it has all the statements from the players on that team: https://www.cbc.ca/news/players-statements-world-juniors-2018-1.6597503

Poster above somewhere already mentioned the four names that did not deny having involvement in this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

google better. that search result is about those 6 players NOT being involved, according to the agent that they all share. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

google better. that search result is about those 6 players NOT being involved, according to the agent that they all share. 

To be fair every player is gonna deny involvement.

The reality is there can only be so many players deny this. 

There were NHL players involved. Some of them will settle out of court I’m sure.

• Cheers 1