The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Collin Delia

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Things don't look good at all but that's still no reason to give up.  There's still a LOT of hockey to be played.  If we can get our heads screwed on right and not give up after every little setback we can still win a lot of games.  Is it likely, not really, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible and that we shouldn't keep trying to win as many games as we can.  Winning games starts with believing that you can.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

This season is done. They will win more games, but not enough to overtake teams. Not with the Martin-Delia tandem anyway.

And if JR/PA trade the 2023 1st to help get them in, I'll probably lose all faith in this management group. 

If so

They are gutting us

Throat to gullet 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It means you don’t have enough players to ice a roster but need to recall a player.

Since Demko is not on IR they technically don’t have enough roster spots to recall Delia, but you have to have a backup goalie.

i thought it mean't he didn't have to be waved to come up or be sent back down. i could be wrong or just full of beans,

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i thought it mean't he didn't have to be waved to come up or be sent back down. i could be wrong or just full of beans,

He won’t need to be waived correct.

it also means we’re technically operating with a 24 man roster as well.

I believe there’s a time limit on the recall too.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Delia, I know you have your pride and your career to think about. But our happiness is worth more. Just lose bro. Help us get a top pick. But, thankfully given how terrible we are. Even if you play good we'll still suck. So, just suck more. We don't need you stealing games.

Oof. 

• Cheers 2

Martin is 6-2-1.

If he plays 40 of the remaining games at that rate that's 57 points on the season.

Plus Delia wins 1/4 of his 21 games, say 5 games...67 points. Tack that on to our current 21 points and we're at just 88 points.

So even if Martin plays lights out we won't make the playoffs.

Last year we had 92 pts, it took 97 to make the playoffs.

Edited by DownUndaCanuck
  • Cheers 2