The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Kuz is producing but I think his ice time is getting cut because he’s not playing a “200 ft game”.  Guess his defensive side needs work.  

Yup but that’s fair… he’s still transitioning to North American hockey, I personally see high work ethic out of the guy and got faith he will figure it out to win tocchet over 

11 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

If their perspective is they can get more in the summer after running boeser on Peteys wing for a couple months here to increase is value then I’m understanding the plan atleast, but if they try to work boeser into long term plans then I’m ready to paint management with the same brush I painted benning and co with. We just need new personal in the core 

I wanted Boeser traded asap, but maybe the value isn't there right now?

His 5v5 is the worse

Is just saving his cap a good enough return moving him?

Selling now is at his all-time low and we have no realistic chance of contention at the moment

So now i am thinking there is no real rush if the return isn't there

Maybe moving him before his contract expires could give a far better return

I am not a fan of the way he plays the game anymore too unengaging, soft and slow and another who will just watch his teammate get crushed and act like he didn't see it

So either way i believe the guys up top have enough experience to make the right choice for the long term growth of this team

20 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

His 5v5 is the worse

Selling now is at his all-time low and we have no realistic chance of contention at the moment

I am not a fan of the way he plays the game anymore too unengaging, soft and slow and another who will just watch his teammate get crushed and act like he didn't see it

So either way i believe the guys up top have enough experience to make the right choice for the long term growth of this team

Agreed - there is no rush to move players under contract at the deadline. The only urgency for us is UFA’s, which is really just Schenn

1 hour ago, rekker said:

JB has to be terrible at poker. 

Yea but he would have big backers that would bail him out every time….

JB ”Mr. Aquilini…I lost it all again…”

FA “Fine. Here’s a blank cheque, just make sure you win this time!”

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

18 points in his last 20 games, brock is pickinga good time to turn it on. Hopefully the arms race starts rolling and we can unload him on a contender.

Too many assists. Doesn’t he know he’s supposed to be a one dimensional goal scorer? 

12 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

His 5v5 is the worse

I agree. I don't think Brock goes anywhere. What is so frustrating with him is that he has it within him to be a top end scorer in the league. Unfortunately  he's just not motivated enough and instead playing to collect a pay cheque and not get hurt. 

We see it every so often where he finds some motivation and gets involved in the battle he can be a difference maker. It drives me crazy because he is that guy when you can't buy one on a goalie who has has been playing lights out, will score the game winner. Then be a complete non factor for 3 games.

I think he stays because he has no trade value and we kinda like him. Hopefully he can turn it around and we all get a feel good story from all of this!

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see a GM who mismanaged contracts like him.

It was something to behold.

Remember, it wasn't Benning who negotiated and signed the current contract with Boeser, it was signed by Allvin!

Benning had his flaws, but this is not his contract.

It really should have been about 1 million less, all things considered. 

Now, Boeser has been playing better the last few weeks. I really think we need to move him and Miller at the deadline.

Edited by VegasCanuck

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Remember, it wasn't Benning who negotiated and signed the current contract with Boeser, it was signed by Allvin!

Benning had his flaws, but this is not his contract.

Boeser’s qualifying offer made them have to give him more than they wanted to or let him walk as a free agent.

So yes this is a result of his poor contract.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser’s qualifying offer made them have to give him more than they wanted to or let him walk as a free agent.

Valid point, but they could have just issued a QO, and considering his struggles with injury, take a chance that he bounces back and if he performs but doesn't want to sign an extension here, then you flip him at the deadline. If he doesn't perform, then you are probably flipping him anyway.

What people need to remember though, if you look around the league, he's producing at around .78 points per game in an off year where he started out with a hand injury (which I don't think he's completely over). His salary is not really that far off of what .78 per game guys get.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With some strategic thinking the boys in the front office should have made the decision to let him walk as a free agent. With Boeser's contract off the books Canucks could have easily offered the 8,5 M for Horvat. I can't help but you would expect from a VP hockey Ops and a GM of a NHL franchise to have at least some degree of strategic thinking. I guess they have a spreadsheet to forecast the cap. With such a tool at hand even the average fans would have made the right call. 

19 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

With some strategic thinking the boys in the front office should have made the decision to let him walk as a free agent. With Boeser's contract off the books Canucks could have easily offered the 8,5 M for Horvat. I can't help but you would expect from a VP hockey Ops and a GM of a NHL franchise to have at least some degree of strategic thinking. I guess they have a spreadsheet to forecast the cap. With such a tool at hand even the average fans would have made the right call. 

I'm of the mind that if management really wanted to keep Horvat at $8.5M, they would have found a way. I personally wouldn't feel good with him signed at that price and term with the Canucks. He's not worth it in my mind, and I think Canucks management thought the same. He has his strengths, but that would be an overspend. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Yup. Signing boeser to that ridic contract was one of the worst moves in nuck history. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I agree. I don't think Brock goes anywhere. What is so frustrating with him is that he has it within him to be a top end scorer in the league. Unfortunately  he's just not motivated enough and instead playing to collect a pay cheque and not get hurt. 

We see it every so often where he finds some motivation and gets involved in the battle he can be a difference maker. It drives me crazy because he is that guy when you can't buy one on a goalie who has has been playing lights out, will score the game winner. Then be a complete non factor for 3 games.

I think he stays because he has no trade value and we kinda like him. Hopefully he can turn it around and we all get a feel good story from all of this!

As long as boeser is here nucks wont compete for anything of relevance.  Hes too much of a liability and a passenger 

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

As long as boeser is here nucks wont compete for anything of relevance.  Hes too much of a liability and a passenger 

Are we competing for anything of relevance in the next 2 years?? I don't now that there is a positive return out there right now? We hope one day there will be. Moving him right now isn't urgent. 

• Cheers 2