The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Hope they don't trade Brock just for the sake of it. If the value is not there, bring him back next year and hopefully he has a healthy start to the season and raises his trade value. I feel like when traded, he is going to score 30-35 goals and we are left sitting with a 2nd round pick. 

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Hope they don't trade Brock just for the sake of it. If the value is not there, bring him back next year and hopefully he has a healthy start to the season and raises his trade value. I feel like when traded, he is going to score 30-35 goals and we are left sitting with a 2nd round pick. 

I don't know about that. Without his elite shot, he's a pretty one dimensional player. I can see him becoming more of a journeyman player now, similar to what Vanek was in his later years. Still good for 20 goals, but not the elite sniper like he was/could have been. 

If the cap stays flat, there's more value in the cap space than there is holding onto Boeser and hoping for a miracle. I think it's pretty evident that the rookie Boeser with all the promise in the world is gone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

I don't know about that. Without his elite shot, he's a pretty one dimensional player. I can see him becoming more of a journeyman player now, similar to what Vanek was in his later years. Still good for 20 goals, but not the elite sniper like he was/could have been. 

If the cap stays flat, there's more value in the cap space than there is holding onto Boeser and hoping for a miracle. I think it's pretty evident that the rookie Boeser with all the promise in the world is gone. 

Time will tell. IMO, don't trade him to just dump cap. This team is going no where in 2 years anyways, wait and trade him when his value is up and the cap goes up - more teams will be able to take him on. 

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

if not for the Miller deal, I guarantee Horvat would have got that deal.  They just use that as an excuse, same as they've done for all their screw ups

Not sure it was a screw up, but rather walking away from an overpriced, redundant asset. We have 2 ppg Centers for our top 6. Don’t need to pay $8M+ for a 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Not sure it was a screw up, but rather walking away from an overpriced, redundant asset. We have 2 ppg Centers for our top 6. Don’t need to pay $8M+ for a 3rd. 

well they did pay $8.3m for a 3C and let their 1B C go.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

27 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Time will tell. IMO, don't trade him to just dump cap. This team is going no where in 2 years anyways, wait and trade him when his value is up and the cap goes up - more teams will be able to take him on. 

I agree except I don't see how his value will go up if he doesn't play with Petey. 

Kuz rightfully won that spot. 

So now, Boeser is playing with guys like Dries and Studnicka. I worry his value will drop further unless we are showcasing him with Petey (which we've done for the past few weeks with no results) 

44 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Honestly I think it's gonna end up being 

Lucic+ 1st for boeser (1 mil retained) + schenn

The Lames wont be able to afford that next season. They need to move out contracts that aren't expiring this year and don't have trade protection, like: Mangiapane, Toffoli, Zadaorov...

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

The Lames wont be able to afford that next season. They need to move out contracts that aren't expiring this year and don't have trade protection, like: Mangiapane, Toffoli, Zadaorov...

Lucic would be perfect.  Big cap hit off their books and off our books by the summer.  GIves them a real boost for these playoffs and we should get some good return in draft picks and prospects for giving up a still young point producer and taking an older salary cap hit back.  

[edit] - now seeing that huge Huberdeau cap hit coming up....wow, the flames are a tad screwed with that in the coming years.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Lucic would be perfect.  Big cap hit off their books and off our books by the summer.  GIves them a real boost for these playoffs and we should get some good return in draft picks and prospects for giving up a still young point producer and taking an older salary cap hit back.  

[edit] - now seeing that huge Huberdeau cap hit coming up....wow, the flames are a tad screwed with that in the coming years.

Überdough's contract almost makes Coleman's look like found gold. :lol: