The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Can we stop obsessing over his points? It’s not only about points. Have you guys seen his play other than just the stats? Please. This whole Brock thing is just a mess. We need to trade his ass. It’s good for the team and the player. He is paid 6.65 million to play a damn game. Most people live on $20 an hour. Now stop sympathizing just because. A 6.65 million winger is supposed to produce and he just hasn’t done it. 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I think it's given the player a chance to go where he may like instead of having no say

Not how I see it. They either haven't tried to find a trade, or haven't been able to get one done, and both are a bad look.

Here's a "skilled forward" I just extended in the summer, and the contract is so bad no one is willing to take it.

It isn’t that he hasn’t been productive this year, it is that he hasn’t been engaged and playing any consistent defence. 
Maybe with everything over the last few years he has checked out a bit, and in nhl a bit is very noticeable. 
If there is good opportunity to move him then move him.  
Never like to see youth leaving but with no clear direction for the team it isn’t unexpected. 

We need to move at least 2 or 3 wingers anyway.

23 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I feel Boeser will be one of those players who re-finds his game after a trade. 

Also not a fan of trading players when their value is at an all time low. 

Hopefully he re-finds it here and we can trade him for some futures or D help. His goal yesterday was reminiscent of the goals he used to score, pick a spot and shoot. It was nice.

The time to trade Boeser at a high has passed, unfortunately. That time was probably before last season but I understand why they didn't do it given his father's health at the time.

19 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

A 6.65 million winger is supposed to produce

Why are you obsessing about points- right after chastising people for being points focused?

Edit- in the same paragraph, even.

Edited by Gurn
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Nash wants a scoring winger and you think Boeser is a scoring winger?

He is .8 ppg, 342 games played 270 points prior to last night.

He's slow, awful, bad, terrible yet is 9th in overall scoring in his draft class while being so frequently injured.

Your bias doesn't mean much to me in the face of basic facts.

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Can we stop obsessing over his points? It’s not only about points. Have you guys seen his play other than just the stats? Please. This whole Brock thing is just a mess. We need to trade his ass. It’s good for the team and the player. He is paid 6.65 million to play a damn game. Most people live on $20 an hour. Now stop sympathizing just because. A 6.65 million winger is supposed to produce and he just hasn’t done it. 

I presume you would rather everyone obsess over the negatives like yourself? Not everyone lives their life in a black cloud.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

It’s a tough situation. Brock has the puck skills and iq to be successful but doesn’t have the foot speed to create space for himself. Unless a team see’s him as a trigger man on a powerplay, which he hasn’t been in a long while, I don’t see any reason why a team would want to pay up to trade for him. 

What a mess this roster has become. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mll said:

That's unlikely.  Agents typically get involved when the team can't find a deal - Eriksson, Evander Kane etc all had their agents given permission to seek out a deal.  Was posted earlier by others in this thread but you might have missed it: 

Genuinely concerning how frequently those words have come up regarding the Canucks.

Tried to trade but couldn't.  Meanwhile Copp gets multiple picks

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

How's this current managements fault?   All this is a result of his last contract and Brock himself.    If Brock had scored 30/30 like most predicted he'd have,  we wouldn't even be talking about his at all.   Rather scared instead of what his UFA deal might look like lol.    Wait until he gets traded before passing judgement.   Kuzmo seems like a good replacement - for sure is this year at one million.  Part of the puzzle for sure goes through Brock no matter if we rebuild or try and fix our D.    Letting him go for nothing...well there are people on here that wanted that too. 

When you effectively say an asset is expendable, you devalue that asset.

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes been paired with petey several times the past 2 seasons and they have stunk together.  One shift doesnt change that.  

Boesers going to toil around a few teams and be out of this league by 30.  

Gonna enjoy looking back at this comment

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can kind of see BOESER is a Devils uniform, on Jack's wing.

Bratt - Hughes - Boeser

Yep, he'll score 30+

What would the return be? (the cap has to match pretty closely)

Severson and Haula?

Tatar and Siegenthaler?

Edit - I'm not expecting a homerun return for Brock

Boeser is too slow to play for NJD.  Skating speed is an essential part of their identity.  Ruff is always talking about how they want to play fast and skate fast.

Fitzgerald was just talking about how important Tatar, Haula and Wood have been to their success this season.  Says you don't build a team by just hoarding talent - the pieces have to fit together and you need complementary players like them.

Fitzgerald talks of how he wants a big and suffocating defence.  Their off-season priority was to fix their D-corps.  They are 1st in every key defensive metric and their team is just rolling right now.

Siegenthaler has been so impactful defensively that his numbers put him at the level of some high end Norris candidates despite limited production.  Their team is top in the league in the standings but also analytically.  Why would they make any changes.

NJD relies strongly on analytics to build their team - ownership is apparently obsessed with analytics and have them directly reporting to them. 

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Genuinely concerning how frequently those words have come up regarding the Canucks.

Tried to trade but couldn't.  Meanwhile Copp gets multiple picks

Tried to trade but couldnt so we offered him 6 plus mil for three years

One player doesnt make or break a team. This team has been toxic for the last 10 years, especially last 3 years.  Bock has been the subject of a trade every year… warranted or not, thats gotta suck!  He gets out, gets a fresh start… will also bring closure with his fathers passing and he’ll bounce back.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

PA has been trying for months.  Pretty much every team said no they dont want him.

What an awful situation to be in. 
Will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him I suppose, and some other team will get a great reclamation project. 

I just saw a trade suggestion from a Habs article

Armia

2023 2nd

2024 2nd

For

Boeser

Armia has two more years @ 3.4 after this season.

I'd do it. Whatever is going to give us cap flexibility to fix the defence in the summer.

Edited by Maginator
  • Upvote 1