The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 hours ago, Canucks-12 said:

All we ask for is consistency. Either consistently win or consistently lose.

Either one this year would be best for the organization. No point of winning one then losing one.

Management really needs to make a decision on the direction of this team soon. 

I think they did already over the summer by purposely NOT fixing the defence and bring in even worse defencemen like Stillman which allowed the hole in the dike to burst open into a torrent of goals upon us.   This is managements doing and very unfortunate after they themselves said "the defence was urgently in need of fixing and priority one" and all they did was pull a "Jim Benning" and tinker with peripheral forwards.   The continuation of this mess is upon JR & PA !

Just now, eeeeergh said:

This is the “reduce the cost of re-signing kuz & pump Brock’s value at the same time” lineup 

I approve. 

A direct shot at old moneybags Milstein too.

You and your client don’t wanna play ball we can drop him down to the third line real quick. Suddenly the prospect of 60-70 points turns into 40-50 real quick. 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

We can blow this defence up, especially without Savard. Start strong and keep it up. We're going to leak some goals in, especially if OEL/Hughes are out and Stillman is in, but we've got some real offensive depth there.

Hope Brock sticks it to everyone with another strong performance.

6-4 Canucks win, Boeser hatty.

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We can blow this defence up, especially without Savard. Start strong and keep it up. We're going to leak some goals in, especially if OEL/Hughes are out and Stillman is in, but we've got some real offensive depth there.

Hope Brock sticks it to everyone with another strong performance.

6-4 Canucks win, Boeser hatty.

Why would OEL be out?

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The Rangers did it right and fans accepted it.  The results speak for themselves.

Except the players they’ve drafted with their top 3 picks haven’t exactly lived up to the hype. They were expecting them to be impactful players for this season and the next 2-3 years before fully transitioning. 

The only team I’ve seen to do a 10/10 rebuild job would be the Devils. 

I hope we don’t turn into a perennial middle of the pack team like the Flames and Oilers have been for the last decade, constantly retooling until their younger players suddenly don’t become so young anymore. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think a lot of fans (most?) would be more than happy if our owner came out and announced that he's directed management to rebuild, and then said what the plan was.  

But he never does Alf. You, myself and many others keep mentioning that this organization needs to pivot philosophies and embrace a rebuild because this team isn’t good enough to contend, isn’t good enough to make the playoffs. But we sound like big time whiners by continuing to mention the obvious. When he finally comes out and says so (because if he wants fans to be engaged he’s going to need to) then the fans can get on board with it. Right now nobody knows what the hell we are trying to do and accomplish other than mediocre middling team for the last decade.