The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've watched almost every Abby game in the last 2 months and the situation isn't as dire as many people think it is.  I wasn't commenting on other teams prospects in any way

Ego is a solid 15/10 here. Please tell me you are just trolling 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

So back on the topic of Schenn….

Are you guys good if we trade him and Brock to Calgary for Lucic? Retain maybe 1M max off Brock for this and next year and in return we get their first? 

I think this would be fair for both sides

No sane GM is doing this, even Treliving

Edited by J-23

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

"I watched a couple months of one AHL team with homer glasses on, I know better than anyone else" is essentially what you said lmao 

How else would one get a gauge on a teams prospects?  I'm not really a homer glasses person, and that team been playing lights out, on the backs of Canucks prospects.

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

"I watched a couple months of one AHL team with homer glasses on, I know better than anyone else" is essentially what you said lmao 

You’re the one being righteous here…..dismissing someone who physically has experienced play over a bunch of guys staring at stat sheets and listening to the real homer drance who thinks math solves hockey problems 

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

That would be great, but the pool isn't as empty as people think it is either.

If you make the pool a kiddie pool then yeah, but a real pool? We have been ranked at 30 by the hockey writers, our top 5 until we got Raty were who? Karlsson, Lekkerimaki, Rathbone, Klimovich and who knows? 1 defenseman who isn't exactly a projected top 4 guy, a couple maybe they turn out to be mid 6 guys, that's it. 

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Are you guys good if we trade him and Brock to Calgary for Lucic? Retain maybe 1M max off Brock for this and next year and in return we get their first? 

But CAL won't do that, as has been pointed out again and again...CAL don't have the cap space for Boeser next season. They have 19 players contracted next season and only 1.3m in cap space. That is with Lucic's contract expiring, so they cannot afford to take on cap beyond this season.

Also, why does Lucic waive his NMC to come to VAN when this might be his last season? 

Edited by BigTramFan

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

You can't pick and chose what years you want to retain. It's either this and the next 2 or nothing.

I'd do Luke Schenn to Calgary for Milan Lucic and their 2023 1st round pick.  Calgary then has almost $5 million freed up to go after other players at the deadline...

They don't have any room for Boeser and he's not a Sutter type guy anyways...

Stipulation is that Lucic has to beat the sh*t out of a few guys over the last 20 games to earn his salary.  Too bad we don't play Philly again or Tampa.  However, we play Chicago two more times so Max Domi can say hi to Lucic's right fist a couple times before the end of the year...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Plaguez said:

If you make the pool a kiddie pool then yeah, but a real pool? We have been ranked at 30 by the hockey writers, our top 5 until we got Raty were who? Karlsson, Lekkerimaki, Rathbone, Klimovich and who knows? 1 defenseman who isn't exactly a projected top 4 guy, a couple maybe they turn out to be mid 6 guys, that's it. 

I'm not comparing to other teams, just telling you what I see after a couple months of watching Abby games.  I'll also add that I've watched those prospects outplay a lot of prospects from opposing teams over those two months.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1