The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday December 17 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Does anyone have questions for Allvin? :lol:

Gee maybe start with do you plan to do something at some point to improve the team?

I mean it’s been only one off season and almost the entire league is in cap hell not sure what people like you expected at this point so far. 

14 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Petey sick?

Dermott on 4th line? tbh with his speed and skill he may be a better forward lol, although he is probably just place holding now but if he can take contact maybe this is progress?

I have this thought that he could be another incremental improvement your blue line in the same way Bear has been.

In that dream we’d be inching closer to respectability 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I mean it’s been only one off season and almost the entire league is in cap hell not sure what people like you expected at this point so far. 

Trade JT last year and Rathbone to get two RHD and other things to boost this year like JR said they were going to do. Maybe start there.

Why trade Dickinson and a 2nd for the ECHL D-man, Stillman? Why have they not owned the mistake and sent him packing?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Trade JT last year and Rathbone to get two RHD and other things to boost this year like JR said they were going to do. Maybe start there.

Why trade Dickinson and a 2nd for the ECHL D-man, Stillman? Why have they not owned the mistake and sent him packing?

Why?   This is why. There’s also the salary dump to accommodate bears acquisition   3F2E6CB2-BD48-4FF8-939A-FCA5DC01413A.thumb.jpeg.bccd3ff7249599e60b0a4ae3e1df578b.jpeg

Edited by chon derry
  • Like 1

Oh boy, no Petey could be tricky.

4 games left to the break, got to win 3 of the 4 to be considered in a playoff hunt. 2-2 will not cut it, teams are starting to pull away from .500.

I have my concerns playing so many home games that we'll lose at least 2 but if we can get 3 wins here, we're right amongst it. This is a huge stretch for us to decide which way we're trending and trading after Christmas.

3-2 Canucks win it on OT

3 hours ago, chon derry said:

Why?   This is why. There’s also the salary dump to accommodate bears acquisition   3F2E6CB2-BD48-4FF8-939A-FCA5DC01413A.thumb.jpeg.bccd3ff7249599e60b0a4ae3e1df578b.jpeg

Is that worth Dickinson and a 2nd though? Also, if they had made trades last year like JR was talking about we would not have had to make stupid trades like this. 

33 minutes ago, Muttley said:

It isn't Covid related that some players have but it's a nasty flu of some sort that's making it's rounds.

Covid or not. A bad flu or cold can really cause havoc. So expect a sluggish team tonight with bad situational awareness. Can we just get passed 500? 

45 minutes ago, Muttley said:

It isn't Covid related that some players have but it's a nasty flu of some sort that's making it's rounds.

Which is why I'll be shocked if the Canucks can pull off a win tonight.  It's probably making its way through the entire roster right now.

• Upvote 1