The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Who gets moved by the deadline? Let's do a friendly Pool and see who's closest!

Tanti9

So given all the trade talk and our position in the standings, I thought it would be interesting to list the players that everyone thinks will be moved before/at the deadline. You can also put the return in the list as well (doesn't have to be specific players, you can say young RD, 2nd rounder etc) but that's not part of the results (just make a guess)

Winner gets bragging rights as Canucks Site Prognosticator!

My List

Bo Horvat --> 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, young Dman, young winger (one of the last 2 has blue chip potential)

Luke Schenn --> 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick (We will re-sign in the offseason to 2 x 1.5 mil and NMC)

Kyle Burroughs--> 6th round pick

Connor Garland--> 3rd round pick and a prospect

I think Boeser is traded in the offseason as is Myers after he's paid his big cash bonus.

Edited by Tanti9

We’re 7 points out of the playoffs with 2 games in hand :frantic::towel:

But I’ll play

Gonna be a dark dark day in my books but 

Horvat and Schenn

No one else is traded. I don’t wanna even guess what the return is haha. Let’s just say I’m not setting myself up for disappointment. Too many times have I stayed home from work, watched the deadline and asked myself what am I doing with my life.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

We’re 7 points out of the playoffs with 2 games in hand :frantic::towel:

But I’ll play

Gonna be a dark dark day in my books but 

Horvat and Schenn

No one else is traded. I don’t wanna even guess what the return is haha. Let’s just say I’m not setting myself up for disappointment. Too many times have I stayed home from work, watched the deadline and asked myself what am I doing with my life.

lol 

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kuz, no idea the return. But he will average 50 points at least a year for the next four years. And we will hear endless arguments on CDC on how PA is useless, and should never have let him go....

Ya, I was going to put Kuz down too but I think they’ll only trade him if he rejects their offer before the deadline 

That being said, his agent tweeted dollar signs so it implies he will want to push to UFA 

• Cheers 1

What I'd like to happen (realistically though):

1) Boeser for Dumba

2) Miller + Rathbone for Kuraly + Peeke + a pick if they want but I'd be happy with just that

3) Garland to anyone for a 2nd (in the off-season though so stay on the roster for now)

4) Myers to anyone for a 2nd or 3rd

5) Re-sign Bo and Kuzmenko in the off-season

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Kuraly - Pederson

Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood

Hughes - Peeke

OEL - Dumba

Dermott - Schenn

What I sadly think will happen:

1) Horvat to anyone for a young center, young defenceman and 2nd or 3rd round pick (eg. Zacha + Carlo) (eg. Roslovic + Peeke) (eg. Newhook + Girard)

2) Boeser for Monahan to replace Horvat

3) That's it - probably have to let Kuzmenko walk in the off-season because we won't be able to shift Garland/Myers/Pearson

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Miller - Monahan - Hoglander

Pearson - C - Garland

Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood

Hughes - D

OEL - Myers

Dermott - Schenn

I'd prefer the first option because we keep the better players and solidify the defence better but I just know management won't be able to make that happen.

• Vintage 1

I don’t get people thinking Myers has positive value. Maybe after his bonus is payed he won’t cost a first to move.

I think Boeser ends up staying. Don’t think the market is there. 
Unfortunately management boxed themselves into a corner in the off-season and Bo gets traded for a return that is not terrible but not great. Low first, prospect that is not elite and a player that is useful, has more cap than we would of liked and will be maligned non-stop. 
‘Pearson goes with a sweetener because we have Benning 2.0 running things. 
No right D of quality added and only a little cap space added to be spent in the off-season on wingers to go with the winger we draft mid round. 
‘I think this team has broken me as a fan. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, A.A.A said:

If we are close to a playoff or wildcard spot, will PA/JR really trade Horvat? He's 2nd in points and first in goals scored on the team.

I think if we can't find a way to re-sign him, we'll lose him for nothing.

haven't we been here before? why did we fire benning again?

out on a limb here...

JT traded to either Columbus or NY Rangers. 

Boeser to NY I or Montreal 

Garland to Washington 

Meyers in July 

Horvat gets JT's contract.

Kuzmenko gets Boeser's old, 5.2 contract

I'll believe they actually make a big trade when I see it. 

VAN will probably be close to a wildcard spot and they'll keep Bo as long as they can, 'cause they think they have a chance in the post-season. They'll be confident they can re-sign Bo, but will ultimately fail. Horvat walks at the end of the season. Canucks claim they've just created cap space (feel good story)

Damn :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'll believe they actually make a big trade when I see it. 

VAN will probably be close to a wildcard spot and they'll keep Bo as long as they can, 'cause they think they have a chance in the post-season. They'll be confident they can re-sign Bo, but will ultimately fail. Horvat walks at the end of the season. Canucks claim they've just created cap space (feel good story)

Damn :ph34r:

This sounds exactly like a Canuck move 

Managements most important decisions will be made down the stretch to TDL.  Fans might need to prepare

themselves for disappointment; especially the folks that want to see some big changes.

Sadly, I can see Horvat and Schenn traded (but they might try to re-sign Bo).

Maybe Garland ($1m retention).

Maybe Pears ($1m retention).

*If they trade Gar + Pears, they can either re-sign Bo or use it to sign Kuze; it really depends

on any $cap return(s) in the trade(s)

In the offseason it will likely be Myers, Boeser, (Garland and Pears if they're still around).

This is an era where it is very tough to make an impactful trade and that's your Canuck luck story

of the day.:blink: