The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Who cares if they move up 12 draft spots. The Rangers are trying to win NOW. Whoever they pick at 11th wouldn’t come in and help them in anyway. Not to mention adding Boeser mean they are add another 2m+ in cap, plus they still need to re-sign Bear. They’re actually bring in upwards of 5m in cap. Just to get rid of Goodrow and move up 12 spots.

I wasn't talking about whether or not the 11th OA could help them immediately or not.  I was merely indicating that the VALUE of the transactions are not as far apart as some people are stating.

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey will never get touched again...

Yes he would.

The whole 'deterrent' idea has become unworkable in todays game.

Just leads to manpower advantages for the other team.

No rat of today is worried about taking a couple of  gloved shots from Lucic, when they get paid good money to be a rat.

And if Lucic drops the gloves first, it becomes an aggressor penalty, and if Lucic drops the gloves on a player not fighting back Lucic gets a multi game suspension, and the rat is back on ice for the next game, to do the dirty work to the next star.

The only thing that stops a rat, is that team's star players.

Nobody would go after Petey, if they knew the Canuck response would be to spear, slash, hack, wack and drive the opposing stars head through the boards.

Those are the players this team needs. The guy that skates past the opponents star and says  "Either leash your rat, or get ready to deal with me."

• There it is 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lucic    Joshua    Reaves

Based on a line that will be on the ice for 6-8 minutes a game and almost always against the other team’s 4th line? Never mind the fact that they aren’t fast enough to catch anyone they might want to fight.

The end game of something like this is the other team trying to line match with their good players and score goals at will while avoiding any rough stuff.   It just happily take the man advantage all the time 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yes he would.

If only one player is penalized during a fight.

No rat of today is worried about taking a couple of  gloved shots from Lucic, when they get paid good money to be a rat.

I think they're far more concerned about an open ice hit from players like Lucic. 

And if Lucic drops the gloves first, it becomes an aggressor penalty, and if Lucic drops the gloves on a player not fighting back Lucic gets a multi game suspension, and the rat is back on ice for the next game, to do the dirty work to the next star.

How often has Lucic, Reaves, Gudbranson or any of more feared players in the game done this in the last 5 years? Not often. Most fights I've seen from them are mutual, with the scrap between Wilson and Gudbranson being one I can remember where Wilson essentially mugged Guddy and was handed his ass. 

Or any player willing to lay them out with a clean but brutally hard hit. Star players are often the targets of rats, and scoring on the powerplay is great revenge, but not if the rat's actions result in injury

Nobody would go after Petey, if they knew the Canuck response would be to spear, slash, hack, wack and drive the opposing stars head through the boards.

And who would spear, slash, hack and whack at the rat? Star player or role player?

Those are the players this team needs. The guy that skates past the opponents star and says  "Either leash your rat, or get ready to deal with me."

That sounds like a Lucic or Reaves to a tee. Joshua has been pretty solid in that regard too. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lucic    Joshua    Reaves

Totally take lucic if he takes less money, end his career a canucks since he was born in vancouver, BC would give added toughness, and he ddint look to bad in world hockey this year

• Cheers 3

On 5/25/2023 at 6:41 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I still think our best deal this summer is with NY Rangers.  They are desperate to win and have assets we can use.

To Vancouver:

2023 23OA pick

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

Barclay Goodrow

To NY Rangers:

2023 11OA pick

Brock Boeser

Ethan Bear

Nils Hoglander

Trade Beauvillier to Chicago, sign Barbashev, Gavrikov and Schenn and we are good to go...

Kuzmenko     Pettersson    Mikheyev

Lafreniere      Miller            Garland

Barbashev     Goodrow      Podkolzin

Joshua           Aman           Reaves      

PDG

Hughes        Schneider

Gavrikov      Hronek

OEL             Myers

Hirose         Schenn

Demko     Martin

Pearson/Poolman   LTIR

$86.5 million baby...

Rangers never make that deal.. Giving up Schneider 21 RD 6'2 Never never,,

This deal might happen in NHL 2022 video game.

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

In fairness, don't forget about NYR moving from 23OA to 11OA.  That would normally be a cost of 23OA, a 2nd round pick, and possibly a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up 12 spots in the 1st round and almost into Top 10 territory in this deep draft.

So really, it'd be like saying:

To VAN

23OA

2nd round pick

3rd round pick

To NYR

11OA

So then...

To VAN

Lafreniere

To NYR

Boeser

2nd round pick

and finally...

To VAN

Schneider

Goodrow

To NYR

Hoglander

Bear

3rd

Not QUITE as lopsided when you look at it like that...

No gm in their right mind is making that trade.  No one wants boeser.

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Who cares if they move up 12 draft spots. The Rangers are trying to win NOW. Whoever they pick at 11th wouldn’t come in and help them in anyway. Not to mention adding Boeser mean they are add another 2m+ in cap, plus they still need to re-sign Bear. They’re actually bring in upwards of 5m in cap. Just to get rid of Goodrow and move up 12 spots.

Boeser cant even help us win- hows he going to help NYR win?

14 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Boeser cant even help us win- hows he going to help NYR win?

I find Brock to be a classic case of bounce back years. I'm willing to bet that he's going to have a bounce back year next season either with us or with another team. 

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Guarantee hawks go after luc or reeves to protect berard

You’re probably right on the money, but I’ll dream of a speedy, aggressive Canucks team that has meat grinding capabilities on the fourth line. 

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

I wasn't talking about whether or not the 11th OA could help them immediately or not.  I was merely indicating that the VALUE of the transactions are not as far apart as some people are stating.

Lafreniere does not equal to Boeser and a second. Patrick Nolan, who been label as a bust and was damaged goods, was traded for Ellis, who was Nashville’s second best defensemen. Then later Vegas’ best prospect, in Glass.

You can’t say Patrick has had the better resume than Lafreniere.

Edited by shiznak

Just now, shiznak said:

Lafreniere does not equal to Boeser and a second. Patrick Nolan, who been label as a bust and was damaged goods, was traded for Ellis, who was Nashville’s second best defensemen. Then later Vegas’ best prospect, in Glass.

You can’t say Patrick has had the better resume than Lafreniere.

Glass is a complete bust. 

So is Nolan. 

Bad trades. Laff, if he can't get his game going soon, is going to head that way as well. He needs a fresh start, I think. Brock also needs a fresh start, though, I suspect he might just get one even if he's not traded. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Gurn said:

Yes he would.

That’s why I was really disappointed when we lost Kole Lind to the expansion draft. That guy was an Alex Burrows in the making. Huge pest that can play and throw other teams off. Lind was a player I had followed extensively since junior as I really thought he was a very unique player and something this team needed.

I prefer pests that can actually play. Not Roussel, Hathaway or Maroon types where all they do is bark but can’t back shit up with the play. Guys like Bertuzzi, Bunting, Cirelli, Kane, Frederic, Bennett, Fiala…. those types of guys where they whack, jab, slash, face wash, and screw around until they’re able to draw a penalty and are back the next shift trying to score a goal.

If this team had 4 or 5 JT Miller’s and 2 or 3 more Luke Schenn’s on the back end, we’d be competing for the cup.

• Cheers 1