The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

He is worse than Willie D. The amount of talent that Willie D had pales considerably compared to the teams that Green had. Remember, Willie D did not have a Pettersson or a Boeser type of player. It should be noted that he had more wins than Green did, percentage wise. That is NOT good.

Moreover, Willie D has had more success at the lower levels. Green? Yeah, it was Benning's fault for keeping him way too long.

Willie D is probably a better coach than Green, but they are both not NHL calibre.  Green might get another shot like Willie D did, but it will most likely end the same way.  They may get a gig as an assistant coach somewhere...

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

can we close this?

this was before the Horvat trade and kravstov deal

That would be weird… has he been traded yet?  Still plenty of reporting that he is on his way out of New York.  A recent article even had Vancouver as a possible landing spot.

He fits the mold of what the brass at least claim to want to do, which is pick up young players who haven’t worked out in their current teams.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

That would be weird… has he been traded yet?  Still plenty of reporting that he is on his way out of New York.  A recent article even had Vancouver as a possible landing spot.

He fits the mold of what the brass at least claim to want to do, which is pick up young players who haven’t worked out in their current teams.

Yup. Not too sure Lafrenière is a guy we want but if he comes cheap then why not? 

And how things would have been different if the Stars selected Linden instead of Modano.  How much different would things be for the Canucks.  Champs instead of chumps.

Edited by The Colt 45s
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

And how things would have been different if the Stars selected Linden instead of Modano.  How much different would things be for the Canucks.  Champs instead of chumps.

Fan favorite Linden turned out fine for the Canucks.  He was one of the best leaders, captain ever for the Canucks.  Good luck to the stars tonight!

We can give you the 19th overall pick, a third and fourth round pick for Robertson.  We will throw in a herd of cattle from my hometown in the Cariboo.

https://williamslakestampede.com/

1 minute ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Fan favorite Linden turned out fine for the Canucks.  He was one of the best leaders, captain ever for the Canucks.  Good luck to the stars tonight!

We can give you the 19th overall pick, a third and fourth round pick for Robertson.  We will throw in a herd of cattle from my hometown in the Cariboo.

https://williamslakestampede.com/

https://www.nhl.com/news/jason-robertson-poses-with-mike-modano-after-breaking-dallas-stars-record/c-342985060

6 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

I will toss in a left kidney, and just like those cattle, it won't be mine. :)

• Haha 3

On 5/27/2023 at 12:03 PM, Alflives said:

Green was an okay coach. He just got Benninged.

Benning's biggest mistake was hiring WD and Green instead of actual coaches. There is nothing in Green's body of work that suggests he's capable of coaching professionals at any level.

• Cheers 2

On 5/27/2023 at 1:56 PM, Dazzle said:

I don't think so. I agree that he talks to Green about coaching and hockey stuff, but we were at least competitive in those games with Tocchet. With Green, we had so many bench minors (too many men) and a lack of genuine accountability. Tocchet has shown in his small sample that he holds every player accountable. Green gave free passes to certain people.

Rose Colored Glasses GIF by StickerGiant

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Modano looks like he's had a rough retirement, guy looks like he's in his 60's...

I think he lost millions in a bad investment, probably hasn't slept in years...

Could contain: People, Person, Formal Wear, Suit, Tie, Face, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man

If memory serves when Minny moved to Dallas after they merged with the Cleveland Barons. They took the best of 2 orgs for free because the NHL was facing bankruptcy of both teams. IMHO there should have been a dispersal draft of the Barons to be fair to other NHL cities.

As much as I like Jim Nill the Stars roster have some real douches. Benn, Seguin and lets not forget Suter who is a real cheap shot artist. Some of their young talent looks very good.  

• Thanks 1

I would love to see a move where we get both Laf and Pag from the NYI .

We would have to get ve up BB and some how Miller maybe a three team deal.

With money saved get another RHD ufa and trade Myers for whatever we can get.

Save cap room for next year's EP deal and Hronek deal.

OEL not sure what can be done but if he can play decent for a couple years then buy him out.  

But getting two C's and one being so young that has upside like Laf we could be great for years to come.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:08 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Modano looks like he's had a rough retirement, guy looks like he's in his 60's...

I think he lost millions in a bad investment, probably hasn't slept in years...

Could contain: People, Person, Formal Wear, Suit, Tie, Face, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man

linden looks way older imo

Could contain: Person, Sitting, Face, Head, Photography, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Wristwatch

18 hours ago, tas said:

linden looks way older imo

Could contain: Person, Sitting, Face, Head, Photography, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Wristwatch

Facial features don't look too aged, feel like the grey hair is doing the heavy lifting in terms of making Linden look aged. He looks really good honestly. Modano's facial features look a bit droopy and his complexion is a 180 from where it was in his playing days. Linden seems like a bit of a gym rat. My guess is Modano is enjoying the finer things in life as he aged. Nothing wrong with that. But yeah, I personally feel like Linden has aged much better than Modano. They are both 50 years old, it's about that time where aging really kicks in. My mother looked 20 up until she hit 50. Then aging caught up. Although if she didn't drink and smoke she'd probably still look super young.

I dunno, none of this really matters. Summer just started and we're already falling short on hockey topics. Lol.