The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

31 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He said he thinks they called inquiring. He was not firm on that. There is a big difference. He never said calls were in fact made. 

Correct but he thought it strongly enough to bring it up on the main national broadcast of the week. 

You're right that it's likely not a big deal ( Elliotte also said that it may not go anywhere) but it's also not nothing. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree 100%.  This thread should be moved to the proposals thread, where posters can make trade proposals, which is basically what this thread is all about at this point.  This is not a rumour thread, the rumours are all "thoughts" only and fake news at this point...

Rumour; a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

EF reporting on Miller actually nails this definition perfectly if you ask me.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Allvin would be the stud of all studs.

Kevyn Adams just spoke to media and says they aren't going to change course.  He's been really clear that their future is their young players and that it's around them that they are building.  Miller is not an age fit.  

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Kevyn Adams just spoke to media and says they aren't going to change course.  He's been really clear that their future is their young players and that it's around them that they are building.  Miller is not an age fit.  

Boeser might be better, or even Beauvillier. I'm not opposed to flipping him. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think AB is definitely a possibility to be moved at the tdl

For sure. He'd be a low commitment acquisition because he's only got a year remaining, he's shown well enough here that a team could view him as a complimentary middle six winger. He probably wouldn't cost a ton to acquire. Could probably be had by Buffalo for a conditional 2nd. 

Say.. we get whichever of Buffalo's, Vegas's, and Philly's 2nd ends up being the lowest. I'd value him at less than Neiderreiter but Beauvillier is younger. 

Could even do something like Beauvillier for Buffalo's highest 2nd and Hinostroza and bump Podz up into a top six spot for the remainder of the season.  

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think AB is definitely a possibility to be moved at the tdl

Would much rather see Boeser go .. He is +2m more per , over 2 years to UFA, and 1 year older.

Beauviller can play both wings.    He is also creating great chemistry with EP and Kuz in a very short period of time, and gathering points   quickly.

Although Boeser has looked “lighter” on his skates the past 2 games,.   He has been set up for success to move away from..  and even given that opportunity with Petey and Kuz, has under performed sadly.

Emphasis should be forwards for D now..

although a good crop of D prospects are rising.. another solid acquisition like Bear would help.

Edited by SilentSam

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Would much rather see Boeser go .. He is +2m more per , over 2 years to UFA, and 1 year older.

Beauviller can play both wings.    He is also creating great chemistry with EP and Kuz in a very short period of time, and gathering points   quickly.

Although Boeser has looked “lighter” on his skates the past 2 games,.   He has been set up for success to move away from..  and even given that opportunity with Petey and Kuz, has under performed sadly.

Emphasis should be forwards for D now..

although a good crop of D prospects are rising.. another solid acquisition like Bear would help.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boeser isn't moved leading up to the deadline, he's a goal scorer who hasn't been scoring at a 6.6M cap hit with two more seasons on his deal. Beauvillier is a lesser commitment and comes in at a lower cap hit. I also don't view him as someone who couldn't be replaced via UFA. Or, hell, internally. 

Say Miller isn't traded you're probably looking at.. 

Kuzmenko, Pettersson, and maybe Podkolzin on a line

Mikheyev, Miller, and maybe Boeser 

Could throw one of Hoglander, Garland, or Kravtsov into the top six as well. Pearson too. 

I think he should stay in Abbotsford but you could even potentially consider Klimovich. Or Raty on a wing, or one of the prospects we draft at the draft depending on how high we pick. 

Lots of options on the wing, none of which I'm overly attached to outside of Podkolzin and Klimovich. If Beauvillier returned a 2nd I'd easily do it. 

Then the Horvat trade looks like 1st, Raty, and a 2nd. The 1st and 2nd likely both belonging to what's projected to be a deep draft. 

Edited by Coconuts

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Boeser isn't moved leading up to the deadline, he's a goal scorer who hasn't been scoring at a 6.6M cap hit with two more seasons on his deal. Beauvillier is a lesser commitment and comes in at a lower cap hit. I also don't view him as someone who couldn't be replaced via UFA. Or, hell, internally. 

Say Miller isn't traded you're probably looking at.. 

Kuzmenko, Pettersson, and maybe Podkolzin on a line

Mikheyev, Miller, and maybe Boeser 

Could throw one of Hoglander, Garland, or Kravtsov into the top six as well. Pearson too. 

I think he should stay in Abbotsford but you could even potentially consider Klimovich. Or Raty on a wing, or one of the prospects we draft at the draft depending on how high we pick. 

Lots of options on the wing, none of which I'm overly attached to outside of Podkolzin and Klimovich. If Beauvillier returned a 2nd I'd easily do it. 

Then the Horvat trade looks like 1st, Raty, and a 2nd. The 1st and 2nd likely both belonging to what's projected to be a deep draft. 

I don't think you'll see Raty on the wing.  He's about as natural a C as you can get 

• Like 1