The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

There's an arms race happening in the east, and it would be foolish not to take advantage of that. 

Yeah, lots of teams in playoff contention are now battling and beefing up their teams for the postseason run. Carolina is the only team, and maybe Pitts, that hasn't done anything to beef their team up to keep pace with the other teams that have moves to strengthen their teams. Does Carolina get desperate? Rangers making moves. Jersey making moves. Toronto and now Tampa Bay. Only team that I see that is beginning to maybe feel desperate is Carolina. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

As much as I know Miller isn't being moved (and as much as enjoy trolling the people desperate to move him), this would be an amazing opportunity to get a haul and ship of what will eventually be an albatross contract. There's an arms race happening in the east, and it would be foolish not to take advantage of that. 

Who are the teams he could fit and that could make an offer?

only two I see clearly would be:

PITS

or

CAR

as for returns I’m guessing something similar to Horvat 1st a good prospect and a player with salary or we could retain to make the deal work and they sweeten according 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, lots of teams in playoff contention are now battling and beefing up their teams for the postseason run. Carolina is the only team, and maybe Pitts, that hasn't done anything to beef their team up to keep pace with the other teams that have moves to strengthen their teams. Does Carolina get desperate? Rangers making moves. Jersey making moves. Toronto and now Tampa Bay. Only team that I see that is beginning to maybe feel desperate is Carolina. 

HAha similar posts simultaneously 

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I hope so - I didn’t really read the thread on how it works.

Livingstone could be the biggest return of the offseason if we land him.

Maybe @mll can correct me here, but signing an NCAA free agent in April means that we are giving them a 90,000$ signing bonus (give or take a few thousand) that gets prorated over the entire season.  

Brogan Rafferty's cap hit was over 5 million because of this.  

Josh Teves was signed a month earlier then Brogan so his signing bonus had more time to be prorated over...  his cap hit was 1.5 million even though he got his ELC + signing bonus. 

46 minutes ago, R3aL said:

PITS

or

CAR

as for returns I’m guessing something similar to Horvat 1st a good prospect and a player with salary or we could retain to make the deal work and they sweeten according 

Vegas too.... they are the dark horse in this 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

PITS

or

CAR

Hypothetically (although I think Miller being moved is unlikely) Buffalo has room.

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, at the end of the day, these guys want to win, so if Miller is not winning here, he's probably not happy here. Same with Demko. Other players understand and are okay with being part of the process (rebuild/retool). It's also a business at the end of the day. Bo said all the right things publicly, but once he got the contract he wanted and felt like he deserved. The Islander jersey was a natural fit. These guys will play anywhere, they're almost loyal to no one. 

IF miller does get traded, it's not because of Miller now, or Miller in 3 years, it's because of what and who Miller will be in exactly 4 years. 

A major contract issue as well as a liability in the defensive side of the ice, and likely the dressing room.

Miller is a good hockey player, but he is not the kind of guy you lock in for 7 years. That's way too long for the demons to come out.

It's basically move him now for an asset, or move him in 4 years and we pay the asset.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I believe he took a bit of a stinger of a blocked shot. Fingers crossed that it is injury related and not trade related (wait, that's not very compassionate). You know what i mean.

We lose JT and we lose a whole lot of good stuff....aside from Petey, he drives a lot of the play and people just under appreciate him way too much. He was crashing and banging again last game and we need more of that, not less of it. Especially now that Schenn's gone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

IF miller does get traded, it's not because of Miller now, or Miller in 3 years, it's because of what and who Miller will be in exactly 4 years. 

A major contract issue as well as a liability in the defensive side of the ice, and likely the dressing room.

Miller is a good hockey player, but he is not the kind of guy you lock in for 7 years. That's way too long for the demons to come out.

It's basically move him now for an asset, or move him in 4 years and we pay the asset.

Exactly. 

I must admit that Miller is a good player now and probably for the next 3 years. 

For a contending team, he will give them a boost and they can probably deal with the remaining 3 years of Miller’s deal when the time comes. 

For us, 3-4 years is when we are about to get good. We will need the cap space to chisel around the roster. Having Miller who may or may not be as good as he is now is a risk. 

I would like us to limit the number of risky contracts. The only two players that I’m ok with handing out a long term contract is petey and hughes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

Canucks will certainly need to shed one big salary if not two going into next season but make me nervous that Miller would be the guy. 

Seems like Myers, Brock or Garland would be better but maybe depends on who is moveable.

If it is Miller then they need a Jeannot ++ type of offer to move ahead.

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I believe he took a bit of a stinger of a blocked shot. Fingers crossed that it is injury related and not trade related (wait, that's not very compassionate). You know what i mean.

We lose JT and we lose a whole lot of good stuff....aside from Petey, he drives a lot of the play and people just under appreciate him way too much. He was crashing and banging again last game and we need more of that, not less of it. Especially now that Schenn's gone!

I appreciate him now. He has committed to playing the right way since Tocchet took over. The blocking shots is very much appreciated. 

Its the sellers market this TDL thanks to the arns race in the east. Might be a good to explore the trade option. 

• Cheers 2