The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If anything, we'll get a glimpse of life with only 1 legit centre in the lineup. 

I guess we'll be rolling with:

Petey

Dries

Raty

Aman

??  TANK ON!

Who cares for the rest of the season… but Carolina is yet to make a move and Kotkaniemi would probably end up coming back the other way if the deal was to them.

Enough to be a bandaid for the next couple years as the roster transitions.  It is going to be a bleak time regardless.

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

My guess is we’re simply strategically and periodically withholding players who might help us win meaningless games. 
The tank must get stronger with SJS competing hard now. 

Nah, he’s hurt or he’s being held out for trade reasons. In this case seems like there is a fair bit of evidence it could be both.

• elephant 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Who cares for the rest of the season… but Carolina is yet to make a move and Kotkaniemi would probably end up coming back the other way if the deal was to them.

Enough to be a bandaid for the next couple years as the roster transitions.  It is going to be a bleak time regardless.

It would be pretty amazing if this board called the trade a month or two (more for some of us) ahead of time.

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Makes sense, won't put an end to the speculation but it buys them some time.

Here's hoping they can figure out a trade.

I still think it's unlikely, but there's certainly some flames amongst that smoke. At the very least we get to discuss it without the Po Po up in our ass about it

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Doubtful. They heavily depleted their prospect pool last year to win a cup. Not much left there. Carolina has numerous prospects I'd be interested in.

Goodness, more flip flopping than an @Alflivesburner account :P Haven't you been pro- keeping Miller?

I've been pretty damn vocal about tearing it down to just EP and Hughes while focusing tanking and picks for the next couple seasons:P

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we actually traded Miller. It would be the right move considering where the team is at, but can't see management actually doing it.

I don't either, but at least it sounds like they're considering it.

Again, for all we know the idea of a post deal trade was covered when JT signed.  He might be completely on board with it

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Don't listen to them, stawns.  I heard it on CBC radio Vancouver.  They know these things.B)

Besides, Mr. Dressup was on national TV.

I just meant sad because I'm re-living my youth and missing Mr D.........Dressup, not Mr D

Edited by stawns
  • Haha 3