The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 12 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Amalie Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, even they've given up. They should try switching the defence and forwards for a game to see what each other are dealing with.

How are you sorting the standings ... I can't figure it out?

What saddens me, is Sergachev if those line ups are right is the 5th defensemen? He'd be our #2 on our team. 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, even they've given up. They should try switching the defence and forwards for a game to see what each other are dealing with.

How are you sorting the standings ... I can't figure it out?

NHL.COM Standings, League, then clicking on points twice to filter by lowest to highest

I noticed a bit of a coincidence this year, the Canucks lose most of the time when I watch the game.

Example, last game, when I turned it on, the Canucks were up 3-1, and I got to watch them implode...

So, I will try to watch this one from the start ;)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

This is mostly me hand-counting the schedule, but plenty of volatility left for the Bedard Bowl.

There's a few ways to look at it

a) San jose, the habs and sens have the least games against other bedards bowlers so they are less likely to win more games as they play tougher opponents but then are also less likely to give points to the other bowlers.

b) Canucks, chicago, anaheim and arizona are the big shakers, with a big losing streak by any of them against other bedard bowlers likely to boost their rivals and put them in prime position

c) Kinda meaningless as teams will beat non-bedard teams and go on streaks anyway (chicago beat calgary and are on a 2-game streak)

image.png.d1a92cc0eed9f26e9796cb2d7a9e73e7.png

Bedards, Non-Bedards, and Bedard Bowlers.

Who said nothing good could come from this season.

You've done it again Cap!

200.gif

• Cheers 2

At this point you'd have to think they should be open to benching some of the bigger names that aren't paying well enough....Myers, OEL etc. It's been long enough now where we know it's not an anomaly.  Send this team a message by bringing up some AHL'ers and if the result is better or even similar they've all got some self reflection to do. Bring up Wolanin (39 P in 33 GP +12). Shake it up, simply doing nothing and continuing to ice the same underperforming roster is driving me crazy, at least give some guys a shot that want to work hard and prove themselves. I just don't get how this coaching staff and management thus far doesn't seem to be willing to try anything new or shake it up. This team is incredibly stale right now, they have no confidence.

On a positive note, I like the way Dermott plays....essentially flipping Hamonic and using the pick for Dermott IMO was a good call. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev is on the 4th line and OEL is on the 4th pairing and out of the lineup?

thinking.gif

Ilya looked bad last game. Turnover lead to malkin goal. 

OEL has been terrible. 

Not sure any of this can work. Just shuffling around players not playing well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Ilya looked bad last game. Turnover lead to malkin goal. 

OEL has been terrible. 

Not sure any of this can work. Just shuffling around players not playing well. 

It's like shuffling the chairs on the Titanic.  At the end of the movie the ship sinks regardless and whoever is on board is sh*t out of luck...