The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm Betting Bo Winds Up On Isles..THEN ____ ...

Bo as a rental............

#1. Carolina.....................................Same deal as Miller 50% retained for the rest of the year

#2. Boston.......................................You guessed it!................................................Marchand - Bo - Garland.............Bo screams in his sleep!

#3. NY Rangers...............................Long shot

Bo as a Long term

#1. Boston.......................................This actually makes sense

#2. Columbus..................................Columbus, needs him................................Sillinger, Ceulemans and a 2nd

#3. Detroit.......................................Yzerman gives up a toothbrush and Red wing tickets...........but seriously, Detroit wants him

Miller to NY Islanders.......................Bailey, Raty and a 2023-1st.......................Bailey could be bought out or walks in a year

Miller to Carolina..............................JK, Morrow and a 2023-1st........................1.5 Million retention on Miller, I think JK makes a great 3rd line center

Boeser to Boston..............................2023-2nd and a bag of pucks....................Boston could use him

Garland to Boston............................Depends on where Bo goes......................Garland plays alongside Marchand and scores the Cup winning goal

Schenn to Tampa.............................2023-2nd....................................................This is a no brainer. Tampa loves Schenn......see you back here in Sept., Luke!

Kuzmenko to Washington................Ilorio and a 2023-1st..................................Kuzmenko is a Russian spy, Washington seems like the perfect place for him

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

I’d love to trade with Columbus, but I’m so confused at what they’re doing, signing JG, while also tanking. Guessing they didn’t expect to be this bad / and were hampered by key injuries Iike us. 

Edited by Kenny Powers

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

If he goes I'd like Boston so at least he'd be on my other favourite team.

I gotta ask, how that'd happen? I'm assuming it was before the finals, you don't see too many fans whose top two teams are Vancouver and Boston. 

Not that I mind Boston or their players, I'm long over the final. 

• Cheers 1

My guess is DET, because (1) they have a lot of cap space, (2) they need a Top 6C, and (3) they have a lot of young players/prospects.

Michael Rasmussen - C/LW

Joe Veleno - C

Lucas Raymond - LW/RW

Filip Zadina - LW/RW

Marco Kasper - C

Gustav Lindstrom - RD

Simon Edvinsson - LD

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I gotta ask, how that'd happen? I'm assuming it was before the finals, you don't see too many fans whose top two teams are Vancouver and Boston. 

Cam Neely and Ray Bourque were my favourite players growing up, I also grew up watching Rock em Sock em videos and while I was not born yet I loved the Don Cherrry era team loved Bobby Orr, Brad Park, John Wensink, Stan Jonathan, Derek Sanderson etc. The 11 20 goal scorer team was something special even though I only saw the highlights and did not experience it in real time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

To clarify I kinda hated them for a week after the finals lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Cam Neely and Ray Bourque were my favourite players growing up, I also grew up watching Rock em Sock em videos and while I was not born yet I loved the Don Cherrry era team loved Bobby Orr, Brad Park, John Wensink, Stan Jonathan, Derek Sanderson etc. The 11 20 goal scorer team was something special even though I only saw the highlights and did not experience it in real time.

I like your posts 73, but darnitall, recommend some counseling for THAT Beantown-fandom(How DARE you, etc... :^)

• Haha 4

I also wonder if BUF might be a darkhorse in the Horvat sweepstakes-seems like exactly the type of player for them to add. 

If NYR wanted to go all in on a rental (I dont see how they would afford to re-sign him but feel free to inform me) they also have the assets Im interested in:

Chtill, Lafren (if they dont re-sign), 1st (NYR), 1st (DAL), Schneider etc

On 1/18/2023 at 9:04 PM, komodo0921 said:

I like the Rangers as the landing spot for Bo.

They are agonizingly close to being a real contender for The Cup and they have the assets to get a deal done.

They also have enough space to re-sign him, long-term.

NYR don't have the cap space next season! If they signed Bo for say $7.5m they would only have $8.5m cap space to sign 8 players. Their RFAs like Laf, Chytil and K Miller are due for pay rises. If they wanted to move any significant cap out, they can't because 6 out of their 8 highest paid payers have NMC or NTC (the 2 without trade protection are Fox and Shesterkin).

15 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Boeser to Boston..............................2023-2nd and a bag of pucks....................Boston could use him

Schenn to Tampa.............................2023-2nd....................................................This is a no brainer. Tampa loves Schenn......see you back here in Sept., Luke!

Those would be great but BOS and TBL don't have their 2023 2nd round picks anymore.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Cheers 1