The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm Betting Bo Winds Up On Isles..THEN ____ ...

20 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

64 mil over 7 years. Get er done. We all want this.

I will paypal you your money after you say the line. But be sure to delete this part. Sincerely, Bo Horvat.

Way too much for Bo.  56 million over 8 years.  The Landeskog contract is the ideal comparable.  Rumours were we offered under 50 million, right?  7x7 is my guess.  So add the extra year.  Same money as Miller got.  

• Vintage 1

Prediction: If and when Horvat lands with some other NHL team, I guarantee that virtually all of CDC will howl that whatever the return is, it isn't enough, and that the players coming back are:

a) garbage; b) overpaid; c) overrated; d) useless; e) a cancer in the room; f) a bustaroo banzai; g) a Benning pick; h) ruined by Travis Green; i) all of the above.

• Haha 1

I think he goes as a rental, the team go on a decent playoff run and he signs there in the off-season. From what it sounds like so far, I think it's Carolina.

I think they'd give us a pretty average offer though. NJD or Detroit would surely have a sweeter deal prospect-wise. If we could snag one of their top-2 elite defensive prospects for Bo I'd be happy. Morrow is probably the worst defenceman we could come away with from this whole situation.

Bo lands with the one team no-one has mentioned - LA

The Kings are on course to be contenders in 2-3 years time with a stack of young prospects ready to enter the NHL. Their problem is that their 1C superstar is 35 years old and will probably not be around, or will have a diminished role when their window opens up. Acquiring Bo gives them a ready made experienced 1/2 C. LA have the currency to make the trade and plenty of cap space after Kopitar's contract expires after the 23-24 season. With a bit of creative cap management next season LA and Van could make this work.   

• Cheers 1

If I go full prediction mode the following will happen:

-Bo traded for Kotkaniemi, Morrow and a 1st

-We draft Dalibor Dvorsky with our pick

-We draft Maxim Strbak with the Carolina pick

Gives us C depth of Pettersson, Dvorsky, Kotkaniemi 

Gives us RD depth of Morrow, Strbak, Bear, Johansson and maybe Livingstone if we can get him.

Future immediately bright again!

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:22 AM, danaimo said:

Bo lands with the one team no-one has mentioned - LA

The Kings are on course to be contenders in 2-3 years time with a stack of young prospects ready to enter the NHL. Their problem is that their 1C superstar is 35 years old and will probably not be around, or will have a diminished role when their window opens up. Acquiring Bo gives them a ready made experienced 1/2 C. LA have the currency to make the trade and plenty of cap space after Kopitar's contract expires after the 23-24 season. With a bit of creative cap management next season LA and Van could make this work.   

Who would you want from LA?

To NJD: Bo, retention

To Van: Michael McLeod, Reilly Walsh, 2023 1st

McLeod has incredible speed and can play 3C. Walsh is a solid RHD prospect who will have trouble cracking the NJD lineup given the depth they have on D. He has a solid 20 points in 38 games in the AHL. The first gives this team exactly what they should be looking for. 

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Bo will not be traded.  Somewhere, some how the team will mysteriously find the money to resign Bo.  While most fans will be happy that Bo is returning, others will feel that by taking on another bloated, long term contract we will have lost our great opportunity to acquire help on defense and we will again be in cap hell for the foreseeable future.  I am definitely in the latter group.  I truly think Bo is a key member of the Canucks, but unfortunately, the team’s financial mismanagement has put us in a position where we cannot afford to resign our captain without major subtractions to our roster

On 1/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, Kenny Powers said:

I’d love to trade with Columbus, but I’m so confused at what they’re doing, signing JG, while also tanking. Guessing they didn’t expect to be this bad / and were hampered by key injuries Iike us. 

Signing JG was flat out stupid.

• Cheers 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:46 PM, Curmudgeon said:

Prediction: If and when Horvat lands with some other NHL team, I guarantee that virtually all of CDC will howl that whatever the return is, it isn't enough, and that the players coming back are:

a) garbage; b) overpaid; c) overrated; d) useless; e) a cancer in the room; f) a bustaroo banzai; g) a Benning pick; h) ruined by Travis Green; i) all of the above.

You can say that about any move made by any GM on this club. 

On 1/18/2023 at 12:45 PM, Coconuts said:

I gotta ask, how that'd happen? I'm assuming it was before the finals, you don't see too many fans whose top two teams are Vancouver and Boston. 

Not that I mind Boston or their players, I'm long over the final. 

Maybe Canuck 73_3 is really Shannon the Hockey Guy?

Vancouver, Dallas and Boston are his three favourite teams.

• Cheers 1