The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks management is a disgrace for the way they've disrespected Bruce Boudreau this season

Rate this topic

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR is acting terribly.  But is he doing this on his own or just following the directions from the owner?  Why did Aquilini go to Vegas to meet with Tocchet?  You continue to vilify JR, but what do you think our owner’s role is in this whole situation?  Come on King.  Explain why our owner is negotiating with Tocchet. Isn’t that JR/Allvin’s job?  Is our owner not meddling in hockey ops?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did JR hire BB?  For actual hockey team building, how are JR/Allvin’s moves different from the owner’s prescribed direction?  Clearly JR is a puppet who is following the owner’s direction. 

Why do you keep maintaining the same position without considering all other possibilities? I just explained why JR is not simply a puppet. JR had at least enough freedom to make hires about his front office staff. Aquilini may be meddling the big picture stuff like Horvat, but he's been poorly advised by people like JR/Allvin who have to talk to teams on a daily basis. One person is not able to handle all this - that's why JR has a team doing it. The problem is that his team suck at doing their jobs.

It's like saying Himmler was a puppet to Hitler. No, he was not a puppet. (No, I'm not saying JR is Hitler and/or Himmler - I am providing an example of issuing responsibility)

• There it is 1

The Canucks are trashy reality show more than a hockey team at this point. Only reason I still post here is to make snide jokes at their expense. They've eroded most if not all of their credibility as a professional organization and it's hard to see that changing as long as the same clowns (ownership, management etc.) are still running the circus.

I'd care more except I've mostly become apathetic to it.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I really don't like how they've treated Bruce at all in this deal...it's crap.

This management team seems smug and a bit arrogant to me. Not impressed with them (at all). JR, Alvin, Yeo. They're failing, miserably, in my eyes.

That's been their tone since they started. I didn't like it either. They are all talk with no results so far. Ok, maybe they did good during the UFA period, but they sure as heck didn't do a good job with the rest of the roster.

• Cheers 1

The abysmal results this year is ALL on this incompetent management who can’t even do the job they were hired to do.

How can they allow themselves to spew  shit like “we can’t do anything” when it’s  their job to have foresight regarding the cap and to make player changes even if it’s moving out a player like OEL who clearly does not give two shits anymore for a similar contract.

last year the excuse was he’s adjusting to a new city this year there’s absolutely zero excuse for how  poorly  he’s played and it’s inexcusable management did nothing but circle jerk each other

Edited by Zerofaith
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Why do you keep maintaining the same position without considering all other possibilities? I just explained why JR is not simply a puppet. JR had at least enough freedom to make hires about his front office staff. Aquilini may be meddling the big picture stuff like Horvat, but he's been poorly advised by people like JR/Allvin who have to talk to teams on a daily basis. One person is not able to handle all this - that's why JR has a team doing it. The problem is that his team suck at doing their jobs.

It's like saying Himmler was a puppet to Hitler. No, he was not a puppet. (No, I'm not saying JR is Hitler and/or Himmler - I am providing an example of issuing responsibility)

You make good points Dazzle.  I disagree though.  Until I see otherwise (like an actual trade of a key core piece that takes us back a step - so for futures ) I will believe JR is working from within the owner’s guidelines. So if Bo is traded (not re-signed) for futures and not for help now then I’ll accept JR has the autonomy to make hockey moves that aren’t forced to be within the owner’s guidelines.  But for now, JR is just a hand puppet.  

1 minute ago, Zerofaith said:

The abysmal results this year is ALL on this incompetent management who can’t even do the job they were hired to do.

How can they allow themselves to spew  shit like “we can’t do anything” when it’s  their job to make player changes even if it’s moving out a player like OEL who clearly does not give two shits anymore for a similar contract.

last year the excuse was he’s adjusting to a new city this year there’s absolutely zero excuse for how  poorly  he’s played

Exactly. It's funny as hell that people were making fun of Benning for saying "we ran out of time." Here we have the same situation happen and people are not seeing these parallels.

This fanbase is so biased sometimes, especially when their hatred of Benning runs so deeply.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm honestly in favour of Aquilini saving money by firing everyone in management and replacing CDCers instead. For starters, even if they fail at making the team better, they sure as hell would do a much better job tanking, which is what this management cannot do. Current management has their pants pulled down and there's no toilet paper in any of the stalls.

These new hires are all bad.

I mean, if it pays well I'm sure several CDC'ers would take the job.

If nothing else the organization would probably be more entertaining to track. 

15 minutes ago, Calicojack said:

I have been a Canuck fan for my entire life. I have not missed a game in 31 years. I loved this team. Until today... I'm so ashamed of this franchise, I can't watch this anymore. I rarely post on CDC, but read along often. I couldn't stay quiet today.

Bruce Boudreau has acted with incredible class and brought so much joy to this city. I really hope that this fiasco somehow finally initiates the change needed here. I really think this could be the catalyst that fans need to stop spending on this team until things change.

Be the change you want to see in the world. I haven't missed a game in 33 years. I'm in the hospital and I'm extremely ill. I am desperate for something to do, and I couldn't wait to watch the game today.

Watching Bruce today made me realize that I can't support them anymore. Starting today I'm no longer following the Canucks, until a time that I see the organization that I was always so proud of. 

It's telling when longer-term fans like yourself can't stomach where the organization is at and what they're doing. 

I hope you recover soon though, wishing you the best on that front for sure. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zerofaith said:

How can they allow themselves to spew  shit like “we can’t do anything” when it’s  their job to make player changes even if it’s moving out a player like OEL who clearly does not give two shits anymore for a similar contract.

last year the excuse was he’s adjusting to a new city this year there’s absolutely zero excuse for how  poorly  he’s played and it’s inexcusable management did nothing but circle jerk each other

Creating a toxic work environment like Rutherford has chosen to do isn't going to get anyone to perform at their best.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You make good points Dazzle.  I disagree though.  Until I see otherwise (like an actual trade of a key core piece that takes us back a step - so for futures ) I will believe JR is working from within the owner’s guidelines. So if Bo is traded (not re-signed) for futures and not for help now then I’ll accept JR has the autonomy to make hockey moves that aren’t forced to be within the owner’s guidelines.  But for now, JR is just a hand puppet.  

It's a lot more complicated than that. Even kings have to rely on their military commanders to make decisions. There is no way that Aquilini is running the day to day stuff. For starters, he has no experience. And if he is making these phone calls, why hire people at all? He can just run the entire business himself. That's clearly nonsense.

Of course the owner has expectations for JR. He WANTS the team to make the playoffs. That is obviously the directive. At the same time, JR can only make big moves that will "help the team" if the owner approves it. Stuff like front end staff is very low on the priority list, and someone like Aquilini honestly would not have the time or energy to care. Aquilini has other businesses to attend to.

• There it is 1

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Which will go down in Canuck history as one of the stupidest moves ever made.

Nobody blinks when JR says that Petey is the only untouchable.  Then when it looks like they're going to move Horvat, the sky is falling.

Look, I would totally prefer Horvat to stay on this team but he wants too much money and you can't be paying your 2C like a 1C.  The management group, all of them, have lots of experience in hockey.  Surely they see what we see in terms of evaluation.  Centres are more important than wingers and Horvat is a natural centre and Miller is way better on the wing.  So why did they sign Miller first?  Did they think Horvat was a slam dunk?  No they've offered Horvat the max they think they could pay their 2C.  I don't know what that figure is.  But if Horvat wants way more than they can offer, they have to be prepared to get up from the table.  If they're going to have this team's salary structure workable, they have to be disciplined.  Not like the previous GM.  You pay your stars but you can't pay players in supporting roles like stars too.  Petey is the headliner.  Hughes is really good but he needs help from a defensively strong partner.   True #1 D's don't need help.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's a lot more complicated than that. Even kings have to rely on their military commanders to make decisions. There is no way that Aquilini is running the day to day stuff. For starters, he has no experience. And if he is making these phone calls, why hire people at all? He can just run the entire business himself. That's clearly nonsense.

Of course the owner has expectations for JR. He WANTS the team to make the playoffs. That is obviously the directive. At the same time, JR can only make big moves that will "help the team" if the owner approves it. Stuff like front end staff is very low on the priority list, and someone like Aquilini honestly would not have the time or energy to care. Aquilini has other businesses to attend to.

I think we agree.  JR has the autonomy to make hockey moves within the owner’s prescribed direction.  

47 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

If these guys fire BB and bring in Rick (worst resume in the NHL) Tocchet................- SEE YA LATER.

Maybe it's a cloak and dagger move to also force out OEL?

He and RT had a very rocky relationship in Arizona. Perhaps this hire will cause OEL to reconsider waiving his no-move.

All that being said, BB is an absolute beauty and I also share in the sentiments of many Canuck fans; how this MGMT group have treated him this entire season has been dickish with a capital D!!!!!!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

We haven't had a GM that was universally respected since Burke.

I didn’t mind Nonis.  I thought he stood up to our owner’s foolishness.  But for sure Burke (and Nonis) are responsible for the best core we’ve ever had. 

• Cheers 3