The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

This is kind of ridiculous, because... Montreal chose Wickenheiser over Savard. We passed on how many guys? 

It happens. It's a crapshoot. 

Habs also chose the latest big bustaroo over Wright.  But weren’t they selecting 1OA and us 5 and 6? 

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The comments just go on and on. The reputational damage that this has done to the franchise is incalculable.

Did Jeff Patterson really have his media accreditation taken away?

Thats awesome if true! Would make sense why the blood thirsty media are flinging their feces more than ever.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

This is kind of ridiculous, because... Montreal chose Wickenheiser over Savard. We passed on how many guys? 

It happens. It's a crapshoot. 

14 teams (including VAN and TOR twice) passed on Mike Bossy the guy with the highest goals/game average of all time. Like you said, it happens.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

this management group is beyond recognizing a fire in the score clock ..  and this is an example of deflecting blame on to others who were not culpable.

I think Allvin just really struggles with humour. Might be a Swedish thing?

I think that went over peoples heads. He was making a joke that of course he knows about the negative reaction. He’d have to be living under a rock not to.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Habs also chose the latest big bustaroo over Wright.  But weren’t they selecting 1OA and us 5 and 6? 

Well yeah. We'll see down the road. But they did have 1st overall and chose someone who was ranked 2nd. We'll see. 

Another thing is, and by the way, Wright is a damn good player, let's see how that all plays out, but... 

I'm wondering why 3 other teams didn't draft him. 

Anyway, time will only tell. 

I am a little worried that they still don't see the players as the problem. I was hoping to hear that drastic changes need to be made to the roster. The defense needs a major makeover but I didn't  hear any of that. More that systems will fix things. Just a tad worried. Also it sounds like they still want to go for wins this season. I am a bit perplexed.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Well yeah. We'll see down the road. But they did have 1st overall and chose someone who was ranked 2nd. We'll see. 

Another thing is, and by the way, Wright is a damn good player, let's see how that all plays out, but... 

I'm wondering why 3 other teams didn't draft him. 

Anyway, time will only tell. 

Look at the Jagr draft.  Three teams, including us, passed on him too.  If we get Wright fir Bo, then he is great and th3 best player in his draft.  If we don’t then he’s just another craperolla bustaroo bonsai.  

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

14 teams (including VAN and TOR twice) passed on Mike Bossy the guy with the highest goals/game average of all time. Like you said, it happens.

Exactly. 

Some of these posters, or even experts on TV make it sound like it's a given. 

Pure BS.

And of course, many of them are literally stirring the pot to either create "clicks" or to grab attention. 

That's all.

Many of them aren't too much smarter than some on here, if at all.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am a little worried that they still don't see the players as the problem. I was hoping to hear that drastic changes need to be made to the roster. The defense needs a major makeover but I didn't  hear any of that. More that systems will fix things. Just a tad worried. Also it sounds like they still want to go for wins this season. I am a bit perplexed.

Didn’t JR simply state the obvious about the “going for wins”?  He said players and coaches will always try to win. 

If we do trade Bo, and the key piece in the return is futures, then that sets the direction from management that we aren’t going for wins this season, but instead are building for down the road.  If the return is NHL players to help now, then your worries will be right. 

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Exactly. 

Some of these posters, or even experts on TV make it sound like it's a given. 

Pure BS.

And of course, many of them are literally stirring the pot to either create "clicks" or to grab attention. 

That's all.

Many of them aren't too much smarter than some on here, if at all.

How could it possibly be a given? You're drafting 18 year olds and trying to project how they'll be as 25 and 30 year olds.

It's not like the NFL where you're usually drafting guys 20+ and even then you get busts.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think Allvin just really struggles with humour. Might be a Swedish thing?

I think that went over peoples heads. He was making a joke that of course he knows about the negative reaction. He’d have to be living under a rock not to.

When the franchise is turmoil, it is not the time to make jokes. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am  pretty sure I am not the only one I just said it before anyone else. ::D

I don't really care either way just trying to hear others opinions without your same dribble every page about the same stuff. 

So what you're saying is that I'm not being respectful by saying one thing while doing another and making it pretty unclear what I'm going to do?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Look at the Jagr draft.  Three teams, including us, passed on him too.  If we get Wright fir Bo, then he is great and th3 best player in his draft.  If we don’t then he’s just another craperolla bustaroo bonsai.  

If we can keep Bo, I think that's awesome. My main complaint against him was and still is, he doesn't play hard enough, especially for his size and the fact he's the captain. That's what I didn't like about Henrik as captain. That's just me, but I do want someone who'll go to war, like Smyl, Linden. 

Regarding the Jagr draft, apparently his agent let teams know he wasn't interested in signing, so they let him slip, until Pittsburgh chose him, which is where he wanted to play... with Lemieux. 

Something to that affect. 

Anyway, the original point was that these "expert" GMs screw up too. 

Just ask, what's his name? Millbury? Chiarelli? 

And more.

• There it is 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did Jeff Patterson really have his media accreditation taken away?

Thats awesome if true! Would make sense why the blood thirsty media are flinging their feces more than ever.

Jeff Paterson isn't even allowed into the building.  He is one of the bigger parasites in Vancouver media...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Jeff Paterson isn't even allowed into the building.  He is one of the bigger parasites in Vancouver media...

Jeff Paterson is a ray of sunshine /s.  I'm pretty sure that Sukass and Price are pariahs to the Canucks as well.  I've honestly wondered why this didn't happen years ago.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do the media guys need to be working for a legit paper or radio/TV or something for them to have a press pass?  Maybe guys like Patterson and Suckhairass (sp?) got theirs pulled because they don’t qualify? 

Edited by Alflives

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

How could it possibly be a given? You're drafting 18 year olds and trying to project how they'll be as 25 and 30 year olds.

It's not like the NFL where you're usually drafting guys 20+ and even then you get busts.

Absolutely. I agree completely. 

Who's that Russian guy the Oliers drafted 1st overall? Yakupov? 

I mean, come on. It happens. I'm not saying it's right, but depending on who's running the ship, it can,

and does happen. 

The thing that ticks me most with anyone on here or the media is that they all talk like it's a given, and it's not. 

It never was. 

But hey, they're the expert. 

Which is absolutely stupid and comes back to bite them in the butt. 

• There it is 1