The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will thrive and who won't survive under Rick?

Rate this topic

DownUndaCanuck

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Literally no one will do well under this convict.  This dirtbag is worse than Keenan and the team has too much character to give him any respect.

He had 1000 points and 150 fights in the nhl.  He beat up Scott Steven's and scored a hat trick on Marty brodeur when he was in his 30s.  You talk a lot of smack over a dude who already proved he's awesome.   You never made a mistake in your life?  You must be sent from heaven.

1 minute ago, Ronning4center said:

He had 1000 points and 150 fights in the nhl.  He beat up Scott Steven's and scored a hat trick on Marty brodeur when he was in his 30s.  You talk a lot of smack over a dude who already proved he's awesome.   You never made a mistake in your life?  You must be sent from heaven.

Awesome player, garbage person. You going to tell me how great Bobby Hull is next?

Just now, King Heffy said:

Awesome player, garbage person. You going to tell me how great Bobby Hull is next?

I don't know the guy on a personal level.  If he routinely punches cats or steals from orphanages I'll roast him with you.  Just trying to kill the negativity here.  Dudes gonna be here for 3 years.  Let's give him a chance.  The players will be our litmus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ronning4center said:

I don't know the guy on a personal level.  If he routinely punches cats or steals from orphanages I'll roast him with you.  Just trying to kill the negativity here.  Dudes gonna be here for 3 years.  Let's give him a chance.  The players will be our litmus.

You can give him a chance, I clearly won't.  We will agree to disagree here.

47 minutes ago, J-23 said:

With Gonchar, I see Hughes thriving the most.

Yeah, I just threw out a name looking for attention. I do think someone we wouldn’t expect is going to find themselves in the doghouse though. 

With Foote and Gonchar I’m curious to see which D take their game to the next level.  Or back to a decent level, depending on who it is.  

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I’m not going to die on a sword or defend his character.

bur truthfully you don’t know him so to passionately make these kind of claims just reflects poorly on yourself.

People deserve a chance for rehabilitation and people make mistakes.

If he was complete trash / garbage all of these experienced / tenured hockey minds would be absolutely dead set against bringing him in.

he’s not a murderer, a racist, a child / woman abuser, a predator or committed an absolutely unforgivable crime to continue working in professional sports. And since operation slap shot he’s not stepped offside once.

So far his assessment of the situation has been accurate and he’s been very humble.

Open your mind to believing he could be a great fit and let’s stay optimistic.

• Like 1

Just now, IRR said:

I thought you were leaving…..maybe follow through and take your toxic negative attitude with you! Go cheer for Seattle. What a clown!! 

I’m shocked how many people are saying they are going to go cheer for Seattle. 

honeslty any fan who would do that I will happily say goodbye to.

I don’t want to be in the trenches with anyone who will happily sneak off to the other side if they think they have a better chance at winning the war.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I don’t want to be in the trenches with anyone who will happily sneak off to the other side if they think they have a better chance at winning the war.

Exactly! He’s always been bad, but this last while has been 10 fold. The stuff that’s come out of his mouth is just so toxic, negative and crossed the line to hateful a few times…and he’s saying it again and again and again. We get it, you’re miserable & mad! Just take it somewhere else. 

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

The issue isn't winning the war, the issue is that I truly believe what the Canucks management is doing is unacceptable from an ethical point of view.  I feel I have little other recourse besides withholding my support, but I still do love the sport.

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

They won't. It's all just a gut emotional reaction to the mishandling of the Bruce situation. The people that actually do jump ship are the people that make a silent exit. Anyone making a big dramatic show of things is just proving that they still care enough to do so. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I've only seen one say they're a Seattle fan now. I assumed it was a joke. But to be fair I don't frequent here much anymore. I am a Portland Trail Blazers fan now. Lillard doesn't run from the grind, unlike our management.

I think Boeser can become his Kessel, in Arizona .

Could be good for Brock.  I think Garland will thrive. And I think Lazar, Lockwood and Joshua take a step forward. 

Maybe Horvat and Miller get better defensively.  

I'm actually a little concerned he won't let Petey do Petey things.  But we'll see. 

Mikheyev and kuzmenko will continue at a similar pace.  I wonder if the line with Pettersson catches fire, or fizzles out.

Edited by DS4quality

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

The issue isn't winning the war, the issue is that I truly believe what the Canucks management is doing is unacceptable from an ethical point of view.  I feel I have little other recourse besides withholding my support, but I still do love the sport.

You know when Seattle drafted their team.

they weren’t applauded.

they were criticized by the media.

how did that age?

The really only unacceptable part they did was   JR comments on structure all year long. But it is how they feel.

and it’s their right as leaders of the team to build the team how they envision. They had their hands tied to some extent on coaching staff and this is who’ve they’ve wanted from day 1.

could they have done it better certainly.

They are creating disruptive change right now in order to create big changes in our club.

i don’t want to question Your loyalty but threatening a community that’s feeling low with you quitting and giving up is not great.

Just give it some time. If you need to step away from the level of fan you were for a mental health break try it out. But this is OUR team.

the kraken aren’t your team and if you make that choice you’ll always know what kind of fan you were when the beautiful day comes where we do hoist the cup. 

but life is short do what you want. 

I’d never stop being a Canuck fan because the emblem in the sweater is more than whoever the managers are rn and more than who the owners are.

it’s a total team, it’s our community our fans, Canucks kids our alumni everyone.

we have Bruce ultimate respect and a royal send off. If management did things by the book with no insider leaks we would have been calling for his head or players heads like an angry mob too. So it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I've only seen one say they're a Seattle fan now. I assumed it was a joke. But to be fair I don't frequent here much anymore. I am a Portland Trail Blazers fan now. Lillard doesn't run from the grind, unlike our management.

DAME is as loyal as they come 

People were calling in on radio and there are people

saying they gonna or already have jumped ship