The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I wouldn't bank on that 2nd line combo if I were you.  All 3 of them are prime trade bait.

If I could have it my way they'd all be gone, we lose 19-20M in cap space, resign Horvat to an 8M deal and the likely take back around 10M in cap/dump back plus a bunch of picks. Our team would be much better for it, maybe even have a top-4 defenceman to show for it.

No way we can't find a team who wants some of those guys.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Yes I do not get it.Kuz is the player we wanted BB to be and he signed a great deal but people are mad we did not trade him? 

Shaking my head and wondering about some fans.  

This should be a happy day for all.

I haven't seen anyone mad yet? I've seen people disappointed in the direction this move indicates, myself included. There is a strange decide between people disagreeing with a move and the other side assuming that means someone is upset or mad. You can have a different opinion without being  mad.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

Kuzmenko took a big discount to sign this.. can't ask for much more. He must like playing with Pettersson. 

Hes almost point per game, playing 15-17 minutes a game and half the time not on PP1. Signing 2 years aged 26-28 is just huge. 

Also I think he knows he needs to do it consistently, it's only been half a season so far. If he produces like this consistently for 2-3 years he is going to get PAID. If not, he's got 10M in the bank, not bad.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Sign Bo after moving Brock.  Move Myers in the summer like you said.

I don't think Bo will take less than $8M AAV.  Personally I think he's insulted with the fiasco around Miller signing first.  So he'll want at a minimum what Miller got.

Right now, we're carrying Myers, Schenn, Bear, and Burroughs on the cap with 8 defencemen in total.  We move Schenn to get us down to 7 defencemen and 3 RHD.  So yes, we save the $1M.

If Bo wants $8m, I move him. AKA, he's likely gone. So you're plans mean squat :P

But yes, I hope we move two of Horvat/Miller/Boeser/Garland. Already said as much. And Myers in the summer/next TDL.

We're not going to carry 7D, so no we won't. We're also likely taking some sort of cap back in any of Horvat/Miller/Boeser/Garland (and possibly/likely Myers).

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

At what cost? he's basically the only player on the list who could return anything the rest we need to pay to move. By end of next year we will have to pay to move Kuzzi too I agree with @Shayster007 all signs point to him regressing. His shooting % is sooo unsustainable. 

Unless Kuz production goes down a cliff, we won't have to pay to move him and even if his production regress hard, it is only 2 years. We can wait that out. 

2 years is fine with that cap hit, we will get full value though we did lost the excess value with his current contract but that is not something a retention won't correct.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Kuzmenko took a big discount to sign this.. can't ask for much more. He must like playing with Pettersson. 

Hes almost point per game, playing 15-17 minutes a game and half the time not on PP1. Signing 2 years aged 26-28 is just huge. 

He's signed his 2 prime years with us. Hopefully we do right by him and fix this team and put him in a good situation to re-sign in 2 years. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Not sure about that. 5.5 million is cheaper than anyone expected. Flog Garland ,Boeser , Myers ect and you have room 

I wonder if they are putting pressure on Horvat to make a decision on their final offer by releasing this news. 

Kuz signed a team friendly deal. Now time for the captain to do so. 

And then they may already have a trade lined up for Boeser. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

If Bo wants $8m, I move him. AKA, he's likely gone. So you're plans mean squat :P

But yes, I hope we move two of Horvat/Miller/Boeser/Garland. Already said as much. And Myers in the summer/next TDL.

We're not going to carry 7D, so no we won't. We're also likely taking some sort of cap back in any of Horvat/Miller/Boeser/Garland (and possibly Myers).

Nope you would not have to with all.  

We want young proven players and with Miller and Bo you cand get that.

A team like the Bruins will have cap room next season so could take Miller.  

They might grab Bo instead but the players to help coming back would offset that without a bad contract coming back.

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Unless Kuz production goes down a cliff, we won't have to pay to move him and even if his production regress hard, it is only 2 years. We can wait that out. 

2 years is fine with that cap hit, we will get full value though we did lost the excess value with his current contract but that is not something a retention won't correct.

But what's best case scenario in this contract. He dominates the next few years and gets 100 points with Petey the next 2 years when this team is projected to be bad? Prices himself out and earns a retirement deal we cant afford, and then we hope we can trade him at his contract end at the deadline for likely less then what we can get for him now.

Best case in trading him today is we draft a heck of a player who's entering contributing on the team on his ELC when we need value contract as this team starts getting good.

Love the player, I like the contract. I don't think it was the best play for this team right now.

Edited by Shayster007