The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

Trading him for Kassian was a mistake. As to who cares… if I recall correctly, that was the year Daniel went down due to a chicken wing from Keith and we had traded away the guy who could have possibly filled in for him. Perhaps Hodgson would have helped us compete with the eventual Stanley cup champions Kings. 

right shooting 3rd line centre cody hodgson would not have been a candidate to fill in for left shooting left winger daniel sedin. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

hodgson was a diva anyway, who cares?

According to Gillis. All the other GM's, etc. didn't think so. Personally I think Kesler didn't like a squeaky clean kid taking his minutes away. So I think there was more going on behind the scenes. Clearly is back killed his career at any rate.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

How did this CBJ GDT turn into

a CoHo debate?:lol:

Kent Johnson welcome home, we got the 9PM cannon for your hometown hatty coming up. Let’s tank to get that elite prospect bank! It’s the only way we get out of this mediocre mess.

If they add Bedard... Honestly they have a hell of a core. Jiricek sillinger Johnson and some Russian guys I'm not going to even attempt spelling off the top of my head :lol:

4 minutes ago, tas said:

right shooting 3rd line centre cody hodgson would not have been a candidate to fill in for left shooting left winger daniel sedin. 

He could have helped fill the gaping hole Daniel’s injury left in our top 6. 

that much is hindsight and arguable regardless. The trade was a bad trade. 

Edited by J-Dizzle

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

According to Gillis. All the other GM's, etc. didn't think so. Personally I think Kesler didn't like a squeaky clean kid taking his minutes away. So I think there was more going on behind the scenes. Clearly is back killed his career at any rate.

no way gillis says publicly that he's "spent more time dealing with cody and his agent than all the other players combined" if it wasn't true. 

4 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

He could have helped fill the gaping hole Daniel’s injury left in our top 6. 

that much is hindsight and arguable regardless. The trade was a bad trade. 

also in hindsight. the canucks had a type of player in mind and a handful of players around the league they had targeted as acceptable pieces to receive in return (kyle clifford might have been another if memory serves). 

it's too bad kassian's mental issues prevented him from reaching his potential the way hodgson's injuries (and metabolic disorders) and attitude prevented him from doing so. 

I read somewhere else that there is a team that REALLY wants Boeser. ( and it could be Columbus )

Is there any precedence that two teams make a trade and they don't allow the players traded to play in the game against each other?

ie: Columbus and Vancouver do a trade just before the game and the players have to sit out tonights game. 

6 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I read somewhere else that there is a team that REALLY wants Boeser. ( and it could be Columbus )

Is there any precedence that two teams make a trade and they don't allow the players traded to play in the game against each other?

ie: Columbus and Vancouver do a trade just before the game and the players have to sit out tonights game. 

no,

its way better to have the guys suit up against their old mate right away

it would be the best selling point of the game

especially today

better than a regular tankathon

b oth guys score a hat trick, get in a fight with each other and get injured

Edited by lmm

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

no,

its way better to have the guys suit up against their old mate right away

it would be the best selling point of the game

especially today

better than a regular tankathon

b oth guys score a hat trick, get in a fight with each other and get injured

or goalies both get a shut out, game goes to shoot out

• elephant 1

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Would be kind of funny if Boeser came out for the pre-game skate, with Columbus 

16 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

The problem with 'tanking' is the conflict it can set up between a fan's heart and head.

In my head, I know the best thing this season's team can do for the future success of the franchise is to lose as many games as possible and get as high a draft pick as possible.

In my heart, I can't yet bring myself to hope or cheer for the other team to score.

But if the other team is winning, I don't mind.

It's confusing.

It's just preseason for the new coach to implement his system.  So next year there will be no excuses. Who will stay and thrive under Rick and who will break! The breakers will then either get traded for a bag of pucks or buyout bring back poz, hogs I think they?will?thrive under tocchet

Tonites game I don't want loser points. No points is even better. Rick needs to implement his system teach them on the fly what ever happens happens. These are better then practice scrimmages.  Learn the players, the gm is not looking for wins but a system for them to build on for next year.  Let the 4th liners play top minutes see who flourish.