The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think he should be sitting anyway, he has basically given up on this team and we don't want him to get injured before the trade deadline anyway.

Him saying he doesn't want to talk about his contract during the season is his excuse and that he is done, so why not just sit him? 

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Bo's good will towards the org counts for something. If any acquiring team wants to talk contract as a way to justify who they give up then Bo can simply say no. If he goes to FA he won't bring as much back. From a business perspective he probably realizes his season has priced him out of Vancouver. Good for him on his pay but a bitter realization that the team never gelled while he was here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I hope someone asks about the comments at the last press conference that went along the lines of “they have no idea what you’re talking about” when it comes to the fans being unhappy with state of the team and the Bruce firing.

• There it is 1

46 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I just want to go on record that I hate the all star break - senseless waste of time, the players had a mini break over Christmas.  

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=de5ca853683aeb8

But for the newbies, I don't think the players like it either.  The get fined if they don't show up.

It's a platform to showcase the NHL game to new fans in the USA, mostly.

From 12 years ago, the good old days:

When looking at the standings prior to the All-Star break since the lockout in 2005, what becomes apparent is that if a team is not positioned inside the top eight in either conference, chances are they're missing out on the big dance.

170685_491705265867_4847465_o.jpg

35 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Bo's good will towards the org counts for something. If any acquiring team wants to talk contract as a way to justify who they give up then Bo can simply say no. If he goes to FA he won't bring as much back. From a business perspective he probably realizes his season has priced him out of Vancouver. Good for him on his pay but a bitter realization that the team never gelled while he was here.

Unfortunately the benning era management let him and us fans down when they could not build a deep quality team around Bo during his 2x RFA CONTRACTS.. and now the new management has created a circus and bad press around this team with their ineptitude to make the decisions that would make the team better. So Bo who has wanted to win since he was a boy and is now a man with a family has literally no reason to want to stick around this tire fire. Can’t blame the captain the Canucks suck the life out of players that come here, often becoming less than a shadow of their former selves. Yet Bo has delivered, carried himself with class with the same manner as the sedins HOF. He will absolutely become dominant on another team and finally he will fly. 

4 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

Unfortunately the benning era management let him and us fans down when they could not build a deep quality team around Bo during his 2x RFA CONTRACTS.. and now the new management has created a circus and bad press around this team with their ineptitude to make the decisions that would make the team better. So Bo who has wanted to win since he was a boy and is now a man with a family has literally no reason to want to stick around this tire fire. Can’t blame the captain the Canucks suck the life out of players that come here, often becoming less than a shadow of their former selves. Yet Bo has delivered, carried himself with class with the same manner as the sedins HOF. He will absolutely become dominant on another team and finally he will fly. 

Bo had no pieces around him. Hodgson failed. Jake and Joulevi failed. So he was in no man's land unfortunately 

• Cheers 3