The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

It's easier to lose 5 games then win 10 and hope everyone on top of us lose. Maybe if we can manage top 3 Bedard will come right out and say I'll sit to play for the canucks??!! The system has to work it worked better then expected last game. Chicago won Calgary.. bound to happen

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

I look at the losses as a better chance at guaranteeing a top 6 pick.

As much as I would love of jus to get Bedard / Fantili / Carlsson I know the odds are unfavourable.

But a bottom 5/6 spot lessening the chance of being pushed out to 7-9 range is what we need to guarantee.

Bedard

-

Fantili

Carlsson

-

Mitchkov

Benson

-

Smith

I really feel strongly that TOP 6 is where we have to finish. And the top 3 would be immediate returns.

If we don’t get Bedard, Carlsson would be my pick. Guy is Malkin lite

• Like 3

The Tank goes on!

Last night was an excellent one for Canucks. ANA,CHI, ARZ all picked up 2 points. 

Canucks remain in #6 but I suggest SJ, ARX, ANA, CHI, could all overtake Vancouver if PA plays his cards right. Picking at #3 looks real good. Outside threats to move down are MTL and OTT at #7 & #8. They have been steady tankers for a few years now. OTT has great experience in the field. 

ANA has a lot of young talent and are easy to watch. CHI took the Flamers out. Tanev is hurt. Marky is having a tough season 0.857%. A lot of broken sticks. 

9 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

The problem with 'tanking' is the conflict it can set up between a fan's heart and head.

In my head, I know the best thing this season's team can do for the future success of the franchise is to lose as many games as possible and get as high a draft pick as possible.

In my heart, I can't yet bring myself to hope or cheer for the other team to score.

But if the other team is winning, I don't mind.

It's confusing.

When i watch the game, i cheer for us to score. 

and when we lose, it’s easier to accept. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The Tank goes on!

Last night was an excellent one for Canucks. ANA,CHI, ARZ all picked up 2 points. 

Canucks remain in #6 but I suggest SJ, ARX, ANA, CHI, could all overtake Vancouver if PA plays his cards right. Picking at #3 looks real good. Outside threats to move down are MTL and OTT at #7 & #8. They have been steady tankers for a few years now. OTT has great experience in the field. 

ANA has a lot of young talent and are easy to watch. CHI took the Flamers out. Tanev is hurt. Marky is having a tough season 0.857%. A lot of broken sticks. 

Marky’s save percentage is .897. .857 would be even worse than Spencer Martin. 

6 hours ago, aznmonk said:

Do you guys think that the canucks have a master plan getting a 1st round pick free because other teams cannot talk to horvat? Then horvat can come back and sign with canucks as a FA? Is that even possible?

IMO, there's no way Horvat comes back if he's traded. He feels he deserves more money than the Canucks are willing to offer. Bad feelings.

BUT, I just think they get something done and that will be that. Same stale core, same results moving forward. I hope they trade Bo, Canucks need to try something different. I'll be disappointed if they announce a Horvat re-signing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, there's no way Horvat comes back if he's traded. He feels he deserves more money than the Canucks are willing to offer. Bad feelings.

BUT, I just think they get something done and that will be that. Same stale core, same results moving forward. I hope they trade Bo, Canucks need to try something different. I'll be disappointed if they announce a Horvat re-signing.

Horvat was hard to sign even when he signed his current contract as an RFA. I think a lot of people forget that.

I don't see him signing before the TDL, and since we don't have the rights to him after July 1st, you can't keep him on the team. He has to be traded.

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Horvat was hard to sign even when he signed his current contract as an RFA. I think a lot of people forget that.

I don't see him signing before the TDL, and since we don't have the rights to him after July 1st, you can't keep him on the team. He has to be traded.

Yeah, but because JR won't let any other teams talk to his agent, it makes me think they're going to work something out. Still over a month until the TDL, so there is time to switch gears (let other teams negotiate). 

The Canucks core is not good. They can't stick with these same guys moving forward and expecting a better result. That would be insane.